Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gain is at 12 o clock. No loudness, bass boost, equalizer is set to "flat" I have a memphis S class 12" DVC 4ohm sub and a crunch pzt1400.2 amp bridged. I think the problem may be an air leak in my box, but I was wanting your input first. Thanks for the help.

You can't hear it as well in the clip, but in person its LOUD and annoying. It sounds similar to barely touching your finger on a sub during excursion.
sub sound.wav

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yeah, but there is a loud noticeable considerably different frequency sound coming from it. Its like a flapping noise. Like the bottom of the sub is hitting against something but I cant figure out what it is.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More or less it sounds like if someone had their finger on it while it was playing, but without the fingers. It makes that sound all the time. Any ideas?

·
Registered
379 Posts
that sounds like over excursion... the coil is bottoming out on the bottom plate. Turn the gain down and see if it goes away...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks IMTfox. It played perfect for a day or two at the same levels, and now its gone crazy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a multimeter to see if my sub was blown and it is not. I have my subs wired for 2 ohms and when I used the Multimeter, it registered 1.9 ohms. Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
379 Posts
it's probably broken in now and the suspension has loosened up... and that's why you have over excursion... turn the gain down and see if it goes away... if it does, you know that's the issue. If it doesn't, you have another issue (tinsel lead slap, etc)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its the box. I have figured it out. I took the sub out before and siliconed some areas just to be sure, but this last time I actually stuck my head inside of the box and looked, and there is about a 1/8th inch gap between the top part of the box where the cutout for the sub is and the left side of the box, and I can hear a considerable amount of air leaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts