Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Access cab and I was wondering if I could fit an amp behind my back seats? The amp in questions is about 2 1/2 inches thick. If so, how would I remove the seats etc... Thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
you could do it, but it'd be touching the back part of the seats most likely. when i removed my rear seats in my AC, there's a slight recession along the back of the bench. i'm sure an amp could fit there, but i wouldn't do it due to lack of air circulation back there......but there's these two vents in the rear of the cabin behind the bench, so maybe you can get something to work. i just opted to install my amps under my front seats.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This might be a dumb question but how do you mount an amp under the passanger or drivers seat? I think i have read on TS before someone used sheet metal screws? I would not want to put holes in my truck. Anyone have feedback on this?

·
Registered
561 Posts
the only sure way of securing your amp is to use screws or bolts. i used self tapping sheet metal screws for my amps. you just remove the seats (there's 4 bolts per front seat) and disconnect any wiring harnesses there, and you have all the room you need to install your amp.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I had two amps one under each seat and it worked fine. No screws held them in place-You could use velcrow-but I rode around pretty hard-did a lot of off roading and they never shifted.

check out my picks in gallery-

·
Registered
831 Posts
There isn't much room behind the rear seat. I installed my amp there, and actually took out one of the air vents and sealed it up. We used sheet metal screws and some gasket sealer to mount it to the back wall.

It was a fairly large amp, being a 5 channel amp, but it wasn't tall. Ended up cutting some of the steel support off the back of the seat to make clearance. So far the amp has run just fine and not overheated, but the longest drive I have done so far was only about 3 hours.

My dimensions for the amp is:
Dimensions (W x H x L)
9 1/4 x 2 x 19“

·
Registered
161 Posts
Banshee That is what i was thinking about doing was using the velcrow. I was just curious to see what other people were doing. i cant imagine putting sheet metal screws into my floor. thanks for the feedback

1 - 7 of 7 Posts