Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is better a spacer kit or buying a set of bilstein 5100's to level my 04 DC limited. Just looking to run a 17x9 wheel and a little bigger tire nothing major. Just want to know what is best lift for the truck to ride smooth and protect all the componets. Wanting to run the xd spy wheels in black. Pics of you guys set ups would be great too so I can compare. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am not the most experienced but from what I read the 5100s are the way to go. I just had mine put on today and I cant tell you how great the ride is. The guy installing them said he couldn't believe the lift only cost me what it did b/c Bilsteins are high quality and normally very pricey. Use the forum sponsor's and save some money. Have a shop install. You can find my recent post with before and after pics but I will save you some time and post here.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Another random after pic:

Those pics are with 305/70R16 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs. Looks and drives great IMO.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
What is better a spacer kit or buying a set of bilstein 5100's to level my 04 DC limited. Just looking to run a 17x9 wheel and a little bigger tire nothing major. Just want to know what is best lift for the truck to ride smooth and protect all the componets. Wanting to run the xd spy wheels in black. Pics of you guys set ups would be great too so I can compare. Thanks for the help.
Are you kidding me?!? :deadhorse:

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
So what bilstein 5100s would you buy???? There are like 5 differnet ones out there.... I am confused

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered some the other day. I just went on shockwarehouse.com put in my make and model of my truck and the adjustable bilstein's came up. They were 186.96 shipped.

·
Administrator
626 Posts
@cordinas2:
None of your posts above have anything to do with this thread. I've sent you a PM asking why you made these comments. Please respond to it ASAP. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am not the most experienced but from what I read the 5100s are the way to go. I just had mine put on today and I cant tell you how great the ride is. The guy installing them said he couldn't believe the lift only cost me what it did b/c Bilsteins are high quality and normally very pricey. Use the forum sponsor's and save some money. Have a shop install. You can find my recent post with before and after pics but I will save you some time and post here.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Another random after pic:

Those pics are with 305/70R16 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs. Looks and drives great IMO.
what kind of rims are those

·
Registered
227 Posts
20k miles on my 5100s set on the 4th notch, dif drop and pipe clamp mod, everything is awesome.

throwing a set on my wife's Pathfinder shortly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would recommend the 5100s as well for a lift. I had installed Bilstein coilovers back in the day for a 2.5" lift in the front but they crapped out at about 60K miles or so and I dropped them for standard Bilstein HDs recently after living with the stock shocks for a couple years.

From what I can tell the 5100s are a solid choice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm removing a spacer lift this week I'll come back and state what my impressions are.

I had zero problems w/ my last tundras TRD suspension lasted till 94K, so going w/ bilsteins will more than likely be a good thing.

Repo

·
Registered
688 Posts
Bilstein all the way!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts