Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I was just outside and looked under my truck. I have Bridgestone tires, but I have a Michelin spare. Anybody else?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Didn't check the manufactuer, but I did notice it was smaller than the other 4!

·
Registered
338 Posts
:confused: I was just outside and looked under my truck. I have Bridgestone tires, but I have a Michelin spare. Anybody else?
Not only do I have a Michlin spare, but its a 255/75/18 and my truck has Bridgestone 285/55/20's.....OUCH:td:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the same Michelin spare too. Whats up with that? Must have been a sale on small crappy Michelins. I guess it will work though, thats the most important thing.

·
Registered
877 Posts
mines has the michelin spare, but i have the 20'' texas edition package(bridgestones)

·
Registered
161 Posts
same here 20" bridgestones and mich. 18" spare. smells like port to me......PPOOOOORRRTTTTTT:td: :td: :td: :td:

·
Registered
184 Posts
all of you guys have port installed rims or toyota rims that was installed at the port. thats why you have the michelin spare. those trucks came out of the factory with 5 michelin tire and then the port installs their rims with other brand tires because the michelin would not fit the 20's or 18's that has wider tire size. i have seen very few port installed rims that came with michelin (255/75r18) because the port just swap rims not tires. if it doesn't have the toyota logo on the center cap, then its not a oem toyota rim.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
No need to worry about the size. They are the same height as stock.

Plus, more than likely, you won't even use it. I have yet to use a spare tire on any of my rigs.

Of course, i always run 6-10 ply tires also. And check pressure frequently, and replace the tires sooner than i need to.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
My truck came with the 18" Alloy Wheels and 275/65R18 tires(Bridgestone)from the factory, according to the Equipment Code. The Port codes are different from the Factory codes. I also have the Michelin spare, which is 255/70/18.

·
Registered
87 Posts
all of you guys have port installed rims or toyota rims that was installed at the port. thats why you have the michelin spare. those trucks came out of the factory with 5 michelin tire and then the port installs their rims with other brand tires because the michelin would not fit the 20's or 18's that has wider tire size. i have seen very few port installed rims that came with michelin (255/75r18) because the port just swap rims not tires. if it doesn't have the toyota logo on the center cap, then its not a oem toyota rim.
So, my TRD rims and BFGs that came with my TRD package from the factory were put on at the port. Pray tell, what do they do with all those skinny steel wheels, send them back to the factory?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
So, my TRD rims and BFGs that came with my TRD package from the factory were put on at the port. Pray tell, what do they do with all those skinny steel wheels, send them back to the factory?
Chome them and send em' off to GST and SET regions to charge twice as much.:D :tu:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Use them as spare tires for the other trucks. :rolleyes:

Aren't you supposed to have a full size spare on a 4x4? Well, it can be a skinnier tire, but it has to be the same diameter as the stock tires.
Apparntly (I also have a Mechlin spare, but haven't checked the size) it is a 70 series tire so is probably the same diameter as the wider 65s. We don't have a mechnical LSD so that dosen't come into play and as long as you're not in 4WD it should be OK. Anyone else?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I think all the tundras get the Mich spare. It is just a spare, in case of emergency right?:rolleyes:

I suppose they could have given us one of those "do not exceed 45mph" donuts, wouldn't that have just made our day.:eek:

Oh and BTW, there is no pressure sensor in the spare either, so keep an eye on it.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts