Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Nice write-up in the link.

One thing I noticed is he used a ton of anti-seize on the new plugs. Don't need to patch all the threads that heavy with the anti-seize, as the a little bit goes a long way. If it's packed in all the threads and all the way around the plug, all the excess will get pushed to the end where the gasket is and be excess oozed out when the gasket hits the head seat.

·
Registered
663 Posts
And the picture showing him unclipping the front driver's side coil/wires is very misleading. Unclipping it is easy. Finding enough length of the wires to allow it to come off is almost impossible. Need to pull the wires to stretch them enough to get it off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got an 06' 1GR-FE, V-6 and did the spark plug change today. 95,094 miles on truck with the factory plugs in it. As noted by many, NGK's (LFR6C) on the exhasut side, Denso (K20HR-U11) on the intake. I used the Denso plugs bought from my dealer (Toyota #90919-01235) $5.06 ea, in both sides. The plugs certainly showed their age, but I noticed the NKG's were significantly more worn than the Denso plugs. The job took a little more than an hour. My dealer quoted me a price of $178. to do the job, I did it for $32.18 with the sales tax... Chris 4X4's pictorial instruction thread was fantastic!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow.... that's a bunch, considering the OEM copper plugs call for a 30K change interval!
I know... I was originally told I should get 100 K out of the factory plugs, then after reading all the info about them on this forum and Tacoma World, I quickly learned that 30 K was more like it. I guess I was WAY overdue!!!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts