Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the h*** did you guys remove the front driver side spark plug?

I was able to get all others.

I have no room to move the wiring hanress out of the way, to be able to remove the plug attached on the coil.

2005 dc tacoma v6 4.0

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I changed mine; I removed the electrical connection to the coil pack by pushing the tab on the connector in and then using a long screwdriver I eased the connection apart. Once disconnected just pulled the coil pack out and replaced the plug. It was the toughest one I ran into too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
it was a beehotch.

My hands were all cut up. I had to remove some of the mounting brackets etc. Just keep working on it. Horrible design around that area.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That it was.

Well runing Denso Iridium spark plugs (IKH20). No more cold engine accerlation problems. Truck started acting like is was getting flooded with gas near the 40k mile mark.

Old plugs just some light carbon build up. Gap was .050 to .054 on the 4 old plugs I checked.

The denso all gapped within .040 to .042 (5 .040, 1 .042). Plugs should be good for a long time if this iridium material is all that and a bag of chips.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Denso or NGK. 30k for std copper core. I went with the Iridium for a supposed 100k life span.

Make sure you get the long reach (26.5mm) spark plugs.

Autozone tried selling me std reach plugs (19mm 3/4 in.). they will fit but fall short.

Note this is for the 4.0 V6 Tacoma engine. V6 - 4.0L - FI - 1GRFE

Denso P/N K20HR-U11SK20HR11IKH20

NGK p/n
LFR6C-11

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
autozone has iridiums for 13.00 and double platinums for 8.50 and my old 93 V6 works just fine with the Double Platinum Densos, compared to the Bosch Platinum 4's i had in it!! i know i listened to a friend and did that huge brain fart!! Bosch are for German cars but specd for japanese cars but belive me i noticed a group more pep when i put the densos in!! and they are good for 60K which to me is about the time change interval i am happy with and i have no issue with room!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts