Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what kind of plugs you guys use in you truck. What kind of performace difference did you notice.

I'm running in a 2000 4.7

·
Registered
917 Posts
I replaced mine with the OEM and performance was the same. If you think there is a plug out there that will give you better performance let me print off another copy of the tittle for the Golden Gate Bridge. Stick with denso or NGK.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looking for more HP off road every bit adds up. Trade you the tittle for my NM ocean front property

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I replaced mine with the OEM and performance was the same. If you think there is a plug out there that will give you better performance let me print off another copy of the tittle for the Golden Gate Bridge. Stick with denso or NGK.
I agree. I did the same and replaced mine with Denso's.

John

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just looking for more HP off road every bit adds up. Trade you the tittle for my NM ocean front property
Deal on the Prop. trade. There is non to be made from plugs on a Tundra. Save your quarters and get some headers they are the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
606 Posts
When I had my 2000 Tundra V-8 serviced at a dealer for the 120K service, they put the Tacoma V-6 plugs in my truck. I didn't realize it until the temps dropped below freezing and I could barely get my truck started. So I decided to start doing as much maintenance on my truck as possible instead of taking it to a dealer. I decided to try the NGK Laser Platinum plugs, and they have been working fine so far (40K miles). I really don't think they work better than a copper Denso or NGK, but they definitely work better than a Tacoma plug in the V-8. I decided to try the Platinum instead of the copper to extend the life of the plug. That means less plug changes for me, which is a good thing! I'll probably take a look at them after 60K to see if they need changed yet.

·
Registered
474 Posts
IF you need plugs, use the expensive Iridium's. My 2005 D/C took the NGK 4589's and I gapped them at .043
At 60 something thousand miles when I replaced the OEM plugs the OEM's still looked brand new. But I had already bought the new ones, so......... I may never change plugs on that truck again now.
I guess I'm just saying that if you have a LOT of miles on your original plugs change them. I wouldn't expect to feel much of any difference.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,562 Posts
I run the NGK Iridium #BKR6EIX plugs. They retail at $6-$7 ea. I like them. In all honesty, the stock Densos would probably do me fine as well, but I invested in the performance consistency & longevity. I'll change them at about 40,000 miles. Don't forget a little application of anti-seize on the threads.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That's the same plug I just bought for my Sequoia (BKR6EIX), and I did notice the engine idled smoother but no performance gain. The NGK website claims better fuel economy, but I haven't noticed any difference from the stock plugs.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Stock denso's in mine its not worth the extra $$$...

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I'm running the stock Denso's They should be changed at 30,000 miles. My next set maybe NGK laser iridiums IX.

Chris

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts