Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around the forum for almost a year. A am on my second Tundra. Went from an 01 AC to an 04 DC. Both trucks were/are great, needed the extra room for kids. Down to the question- my speedometer is not working. As a result, I am getting a check engine and VSC error lights on the dash. Code 0500 which is a speed sensor error. I replaced the speed sensor which is one the side of the tranny located under the driver. I think this is the only speed sensor? Still not working. The crazy thing is the speedo starts working when it is raining! This tells me is may be a short in the wire from the side of the tranny to the instrument cluster. Electrical shorts can be challenging to track down. Anybody else out there experienced this issue?

Anybody have the wiring diag. for the speedometer system?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Yep. On mine, the driver's side sensor is toward the front of the trans and the pass side sensor is in the middle. They look the same. I can get some pics if needed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
don't forget to double check the simple stuff too man, fuses, relays to the sensors and possible misplacement i.e. lose sensors or what ever.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. It appears as if the 04 also has two sensors, however, both are on the drivers side. One is towards the front of the tranny and the other towards the back. I double checked all connections and all appear to be good. I will check all fuses, but the fact that it works when it rains tells me it is probably not a fuse.

·
Registered
87 Posts
'Speedo not working'

Neither is mine. For some reason, the women all cringe when I wear them; especially the mesh ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts