Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that the spintech exhaust was the louder than flowmasters,is that true cause i looked on their homepage and they boast that they have quit mufflers but when i listened to the soundclips they sounded great and loud.Does anybody have spintechs on their tundras and if they know how they sound and whats the performance gains compared to other exhausts.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I wouldn't say that it is louder than a flowmaster, but I liked the tone way better. I tried a Magnaflow, spintech, and flowmaster, and the spintech was the best, hands down. It came out a little quieter than I would have liked, but pulling at about 2,000 rpms is just awesome. After that it quiets out, which I like for the freeway. The other one I was considering was the AeroTurbine, but it was too expensive for me. I think Lgl002 posted a video of his aeroturbine a while back. I had a lipped exhaust tip added at the same time, and it did alter the sound a bit compared to the straight pipe.

Somebody here dynoed it (v8toilet, maybe) and it was 4 HP and 12 or 13 ft.lbs. if I recall correctly, and that was with a TRD airfilter.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I bought a muffler from Spintech and hated it. I wanted and paid for stainless steel and received aluminum. After a couple months of New England winter it looked like sh*t. The drone at 2k rpms drove me nuts too. I took it off after 2 or 3 months and threw it out. I am finally happy with my magnaflow muffler.

·
What is six times seven?
147 Posts
Here's a link to a video clip of my Spintech Sportsman XL.

Had it for several years and still love it.

Brian

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking about the pro streets or the truck suv mufflers.Was hearing clips and loved em.I got one on my Dakota RT came with cervinis complete body kit.Love the sound and response.The president of my truck club has it on his titan and sounds great.Want one.Hope they make one for the 2007 tundra set up.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
sence when is that louder is better ??? i always thought you bought a exhuast for the performance :eek:
Personally, I like a good balance. I want people to know I'm coming, and I want to truck to throw a throaty growl and nice burble without being annoying or sounding like a ricer....I want all of that without the resonance in the cabin, especially at cruising speed/RPMs.:tu:
Performance is equally desirable though and it goes hand in hand with the noise...to an extent.:):):)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What exhaust is the best for performance gains then on the 2007 tundra?All i know is that spintechs exhaust gave better immediate response at first throttle then flowmaster on the titan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts