Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.spintechmufflers.com/images/uploads/MufflersConfigChart.pdf

Can someone explain what the difference would be between all of the one in/one out mufflers?

***SCT looks cool to me for some reason, i'm guessing ***1 is just normal, but like what would those do differently? I'm looking for pure guttural noise rape, so would ***1, the strait shot one be most effective?

THANKS

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
i have spintech 2.5 inch dual in and 3.5 single out its loud and sounds ruthless with no drone inside the cab or annoying humming or anything

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I cant seem to bring up the page you made a link to, it just tries to download. What are you comparing?
From my experience with these mufflers, if you want loud, go with the smaller ones. I have heard a few of the sportsman model, they sound really good but aren't loud at all at low rpms, just enough growl to know it's there. On my truck I run the prostreet model(next size down) which is about the size of the resonator that comes stock on these trucks. Since I left the resonator on I don't get the full effect of this muffler's sound but it sounds good to me. In the 1500-2500rpm zone it has a deep tone, really as rich as it can get without becoming drone(has become deeper and louder since JBA headers were added). At wide open throttle it does have a "move or get moved" sound which I can never get enough of. Best description is vicious.

Now, you mentioned straight through, I'm not sure if you mean the center in/center out configuration or if you are looking into the bullet series which is much like a big glass pack but without glass. I haven't tried or heard the bullet series yet, I imagine they are super loud because the straight through design won't muffle a lot of sound. If you are comparing the center in/center out to the offset configurations, I don't think it makes a significant difference in sound, just gives more pipe placement options. Mine is 2.5" in and out, center in, side out. Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts