Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used 2010 Tundra Double Cab SR5 with 5.7L in it and I was installing the brake controller I removed from my Chevy that I traded in. I did search for an answer before posting but I only found one mention of an extra wire so I was looking for an answer. The brake controller manufacturer list the wiring for multiple vehicles and for the Toyota it matches

BC Toyota

Blue Red
Black Black & red
Red Green&white
White Brown

on the factory harness there is still a green wire which the diagram says green-headlamp switch to vehicle trail lamps.

Am I going to have light issues on my travel trailer when I get to the campground this weekend to pack it up and bring it home? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ill try look at my truck and see what it says

update ... green wire is for you night light at the trailer when you turn on your headlights its sapose to turn on your parking lights on the trailer i hope that helps at all

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
It might take you some searching, but there are wiring diagrams and color photos in the Towing section (I remember because I had to splice wires from the Toyota-supplied plug to a brake controller I had taken from my previous truck). Sorry I can't remember any more :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
The green wire is there if your brake controller has a backlight function. Its like turning on the lights of your dash board.
If your controller doen't have this connection just tape off the end of the green wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts