Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to see if any of you have pics of the front and/or side of your truck with the OEM Sport Edition aluminum skid plate installed. Post away if you do...Thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
860 Posts
My question is which freakin' package did the skid plates come with? I got a TRD 4x4 and still didn't get it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I climbed under a 2010 TRD on the dealer lot and was very unimpressed with the skid plates. I think the one for the gas tank was just a bit of plastic...

·
Registered
860 Posts
I climbed under a 2010 TRD on the dealer lot and was very unimpressed with the skid plates. I think the one for the gas tank was just a bit of plastic...
The gas tank one is steel too, but they are not robust. Probably good enough for things bouncing off the street, but won't do crap when you drop it on a high rock.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
The gas tank one is steel too, but they are not robust. Probably good enough for things bouncing off the street, but won't do crap when you drop it on a high rock.
mines dented in and i havent done much of anything off the road haha.

OP, are you referring to the one on this poster's truck? its from this thread
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/185244-600-miles-12-600-total-weight/
that i saw it,

if thats the skid plate u are referring to, check out his album he has lots and lots of different angles of it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Actually a skidplate for a 4.7L equipped Tundra, but it fits the 5.7L Tundra fine.
used spacers to fit it since I have the ReadyLift 2.4 on the front.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Does anyone think it is weird that one wheel is turned and the other one straight?
must have been one hell of a divorce. she got half of everything. including tie rods.

i didnt even notice that on the first time i was in this thread...yeah i think the alignment is a little off. not much just a little.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts