Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this weekend I'll be bringing my truck to a friend's shop to put it on his lift so I can get some work done. I want to wire brush all the rust off the frame and spray undercoating on it, paint the wheels, finish painting the exhaust, paint the rear brake drums, remove the dents from the front and rear bumpers, and possibly the tailgate, and to the rear diff breather mod. I've attached a picture of the accent I'm planning on for the wheels (comments/suggestions?). Anyone else doing any work on their truck like this (that isn't a mod)? Anything else I should do while it's on the lift?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are going to remove the bumpers and use body hammers to get them back into shape. There is also a method I have seen where the dent is heated using a hair dryer, then sprayed with CO2 from a bottle of compressed air.

·
Registered
330 Posts
is it hard to remove the bumpers? i was thinking a piece of wood and a hammer and maybe a piece of wood on the other side and hitting it out

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question. I have the service manual, but it's hard to see what bolts/clips are holding it on. I believe Tinik had a thread about changing the appearance from 00-02 to 03-06 that might be useful in this regard.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Can't be too hard to get off, pending how much rust has grown on the hardware. Sounds like a good plan to clean up your truck, spring is a good time to do it too. I'm planning a bit of a make over for my truck too, just started it today. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I like the pinstriping, Don't see it too often on these trucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts