Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, filled my 04 Tundra up yesterday and noticed that the spring door at the top of the fuel spout was missing.

My guess is it went down into the tank.

Any ideas how I could get it back out?

I still have full warranty on my truck, any idea if this might be a warranty issue?

Thanks.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
To get it out will require draining and dropping the tank.

It might or might not be a problem leaving it in there. In the old days prior to unleaded fill tubes we had problems with the old pop bottle caps being dropped into the tanks. They would circulate around and get sucked onto the fuel tube, vehicle would stall resulting in loss of suck on tube. The cap would fall loose until next event.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Any chance someone's tried to siphon your gas? Lotta times, when they do, I've seen where they've bent that flap aside or broken it completely off in the process of pulling their siphon tube back out.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
There isn't a spring loaded flapper, not on my 2001 at least. I recall an old thread about this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i took mine to dealer because gas nozzle would fall out of filler neck when full and noticed no flapper valve in filler neck....dealer told me that flapper valve had been relocated to bottom of filler neck.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts