Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I looked very hard to find some ESX audio equipment, and found nothing in the US. However, after talking directly with ESX and some German audio distributers, I am able to get wholesale pricing on their gear. Here is a link to their award winning products: ESX – Products

I'm very interested in these components. They are getting some great reviews: ESX – VISION VE SERIES | Component Loudspeaker Systems Retail price on this system is $699.... I can get them for $425.00

I've never listened to their components, only their subs and amps. I thought the subs and amps were killer!

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
The specs on them dont look like anything impressive for $425. I'd go with some ED components, CDT or Image Dynamics. Focal is in that range as well, Rainbow too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The specs on them dont look like anything impressive for $425.
The specs don't seem too outstanding, but the reviews on them are. However, I know I'll never spend that amount on something that I've never listed to. How do you like your CDT's?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Okay, I've only got 300 miles on my 08 Double Cab Tundra, but I'm already thinking that I want to upgrade the stock system. I haven't installed a system in over 6 years, and I see a lot of new brands out there. Yea, it's been over 6 years... I guess getting married, buying houses, and having kids takes priority? Anyway, I'll start by replacing the stock speakers and power em with an outboard amp. After that's done, I would like to add a single low profile sub under the rear passenger's seat. What I'm looking for is good, clean, sound - I want quality not SPL. I really don't care if my neighbors can hear me coming from blocks away, but I do want to hear the bass guitar AND the kick drum.... no mud! I listen to a wide range of music, but mostly rock. Finally, I do have a budget... like I said I've got a family! With that said, what brands should I be looking at? Any recommendations? Can i get away with a single amp? Thanks!
i dont know what your budget is but i have the new stealthbox from jl audio, its the new 8w7 with a ported box made to fit the tundra, and dont underestimate the 8 it hits harder then any of my friends subs and most of them have to 10's. the sub has a rms of 500 watts which is crazy for an 8" inch but i bought a slash2 amp from jl and it fits the sub perfectly. I think thats the best way to get a bit of thump in your truck if you ask me

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After countless hours reading reviews and visiting local shops, I've finally made a decision on my front stage. I've got a Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS component system on order. These things sound awesome in the shop and have received some raving reviews. I hope I can get them to fit. Tomorrow I'll be buying a Clarion DXZ785USB head unit and a roll of eDead. This will be my starting point. I'm really looking forward to it! I think it will be the best sound quality that I'll get on my budget. I'll play around with the dash speakers but my guess it that they will be disconnected. I'll snap some pics when I do my install.

After I get my fronts and source installed, the next pieces will be rear speakers, amps, and sub(s). I'm sure I'll be asking for some suggestions on these pieces when I get there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Does anyone have the wiring color codes for the stock speakers (non JBL)? I installed my Premier components today. I'm just wondering if I have the fronts in phase with the rears. I haven't replaced the rears and have them faded way out, but would still like to make sure they are in phase.

After working in the sun all day, scraping my knuckles and wrists installing edead inside my doors.... I finally had everything wired and installed... I simply had to disconnect the dash speakers... Boy, was I really pi55ed to find out the door wiring is disconnected when you pull the plug on the dash speakers. Quick fix, I cut the positive lead to the dash speaker and left the harness connected.

I laughed loud enough for my neighbors to hear when i saw the magnet on the stock speakers. I have to say I'm really impressed at the quality of the sound from the Premiers. Currently, they are only connected to the stock head unit, but, needless to say, are amazing compared to the stock speakers. Does anyone know the true RMS wattage of the stock head unit (non JBL)? The sound is very warm and clear. I went with the -3dB connection on the tweets as they were a bit bright. The drivers have very good bass reproduction and are as accurate as anything else I've listed to.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts