Toyota Tundra Forums banner

SQ stock speaker replacement

6K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  JohnHope 
#1 ·
Okay, I've only got 300 miles on my 08 Double Cab Tundra, but I'm already thinking that I want to upgrade the stock system. I haven't installed a system in over 6 years, and I see a lot of new brands out there. Yea, it's been over 6 years... I guess getting married, buying houses, and having kids takes priority? Anyway, I'll start by replacing the stock speakers and power em with an outboard amp. After that's done, I would like to add a single low profile sub under the rear passenger's seat. What I'm looking for is good, clean, sound - I want quality not SPL. I really don't care if my neighbors can hear me coming from blocks away, but I do want to hear the bass guitar AND the kick drum.... no mud! I listen to a wide range of music, but mostly rock. Finally, I do have a budget... like I said I've got a family! With that said, what brands should I be looking at? Any recommendations? Can i get away with a single amp? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.