Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on my hoes last weekend, and my front end has several squeaks, creaks and pops now. I've looked at my CVs, and they're okay.

Any ideas of what to check? I don't want to wear anything out prematurly, or cause bigger problems later on! Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's been about a week since I installed my Donahoe's and the past couple of days I started to develop a squeak.

anyone else had this kinda of problem?

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
It's been about a week since I installed my Donahoe's and the past couple of days I started to develop a squeak.

anyone else had this kinda of problem?
All I can say from what I do regularly with the Donahoes and TC (Total Chaos Fabrication) Upper-Arms: Lube with Super Lube. Its the best White Lithium Grease and only this Grease should be used with Poly-Urethane Bushings
Make sure the Allen screw is tightened when setting/changing the Lift Height.

Lube the Uni-Ball

I get the Lithium Grease (High in PTFE Teflon) from Amazon.com : BUY lots of the stuff, its great for everything, get the 14oz. grease cartridge, round container, and other great products.

I do this and everthing stays quiet

·
Registered
469 Posts
I still have the stock UCA's.

Most people have problems with their aftermarket UCA's because of the uniballs, but It seems like the Donahoe coils themselves are causing my squeaks.

I had these exact coilovers on my 02 tacoma and they never gave me a problem. I had them rebuilt and revalved for my Tundra and after about a week they are squeaking. I bought some silicone lubricant and hopefully I can find the problem tomorrow morning.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Give it time for break-in then. Inner seals, coil springs , etc.

Then put the hammer down further on loosening/lubing it up so its not so tight :) Get it friction free:devil:

By all means I mean the inner workings of the shock and the 2Wt oil inside the Donahoe Coilovers, the inner limit strap, etc.

Plus the squeeking clunking and popping sounds can be the Stock A-Arms, tie rods, etc. all settling in after the added stiffness of the coilovers, and the newly added 2-3" extra travel to the suspension over the stock's 6" wheel travel.
Its all added movements the truck never saw before that its experiencing now

Mine did this for awhile.

Also get an alignment if you haven't already

Enjoy the silicone lubricant...LOL;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
The funny part is that it actually didn't start to squeek loudly until after I got an alignment. For the first 3 days I would hear slight/soft squeeking sounds coming from the front, but the noises got louder after I got my alignment done.

Thanks for all the tips so far though. :tu: :D

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
The funny part is that it actually didn't start to squeek loudly until after I got an alignment. For the first 3 days I would hear slight/soft squeeking sounds coming from the front, but the noises got louder after I got my alignment done.

Thanks for all the tips so far though. :tu: :D
Your steering geometry is now changed from stock , everything is at more of an angle than before and is at more stress, It will quiet down. Give it time to settle and then romp on the suspension hitting every bump/dip/ curve and pothole you can.

Be sure to get a 1" Diff Drop to aleviate the Stress on the CV's now.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The silicone lube seemed to help a bit. I wonder how long till the squeaks come back.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The silicone lube seemed to help a bit. I wonder how long till the squeaks come back.:rolleyes:
check the top plate bolts and makes sure they are tightened/torqued properly. Check the bottom bolt also...make sure everything is tight...how many miles on your truck?? im getting a squeak now too and im thinking its the bushings...

·
Preferred Dealer
46 Posts
The noise may be coming from the wiper seal. We use a very aggressive seal to keep dirt and grime out. Sometimes the seal can become dry and begin to squeak. Please try putting some lubricant on the shaft below the bottom of the can and on the bottom of the can as well. If it is the seal the noise should go away. If for some reason the seal is defective the noise will come back in a week or two. If that happens please give us a call and we can see what we can do for you. Thanks

Mike Crosby
Donahoe Racing

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks! I was actually going to give you guys a call, but I'll lube up the wiper seal and see how that goes. :cool:

·
Registered
469 Posts
well I lubed up the wiper seals and the shaft and ALL the squeaks are gone!! I hope it stays like this.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts