Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where this squeak is coming from when I roll down the back window! I'm not the only one that has this problem several friends with crewmax's have this same squeak coming from the bed area. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Anybody know where this squeak is coming from when I roll down the back window! I'm not the only one that has this problem several friends with crewmax's have this same squeak coming from the bed area. Any ideas?
My guess is your hearing the leaf springs... try some silicon spray and see if that helps till it washes off again. :D

Now that I re-reas your post are you saying it squeaks when you actually roll down the glass ? if so I never ran into that before but my guess is its probably just the glass on the weather strip.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My friend put cardboard behind the tailgate cables, where they hook on to the truck, and said that fixed his noise.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Mine has done this for the longest time; I just turn the music up. My dash clock window is rattling as well..........

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is your hearing the leaf springs... try some silicon spray and see if that helps till it washes off again. :D

Now that I re-reas your post are you saying it squeaks when you actually roll down the glass ? if so I never ran into that before but my guess is its probably just the glass on the weather strip.
No what I was saying is there is a squeak when the back window is down!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Might be the tailgate or the leafs.

You can take off the tailgate (very easily). Bring a second person if you can't lift all of the 50 lbs it weighs and put it down easily.

That'll eliminate the tailgate at least.. then you can focus on the leafs. If it's higher pitched, I'd say tailgate.

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I don't remember it being a squeek so much as a rattle, but I remember some guys a while back had spray in liners. The company that did the liner took off the rubber things that sandwich in between the tailgate and the truck bed, and never put them back on causing some noise. I would make sure those are there. Maybe someone can provide a picture of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have a little squeak too. I've gotten used to it after three years.....it's really slight, and I can only hear it at slow speeds with the rear window down.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
add me to the list with the squeak...I read where it may be the trd sway bar but after spraying it down, the squeak remained....will check out the cardboard trick......

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
add me to the list with the squeak...I read where it may be the trd sway bar but after spraying it down, the squeak remained....will check out the cardboard trick......

Yeah, mine started squeaking long before I put the TRD SwayBar on. It truly sounds as if it is coming from the window area. I need to have my wife drive it while I sit in the back to see if I can narrow down its location.......

·
Registered
401 Posts
Tailgate cables or the rubber stops for the tailgate (they need to be lubed up!).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Guaranteed its the P.O.S. tailgate they put on these trucks. My 07 and 2010 both squeek and rattle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My buddy just told me he found a thing about flipping the striker bolts 180 degrees that will tighten up the tailgate! I don't know I haven't tried it yet but I may tomorrow!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine was doing it and i narrowed it down to the smaller panel on the inside of the tailgate coming loose after driving. I tightened the allen screws and it went away instantly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine was doing it too, i thought it was somewhere on the suspension, took it to the dealer, its on the tailgate

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Bringing this one back as I can't find the squeak...for the guys that fixed it what did it? I see the torx screws all over the place on the tailgate, no allen head bolts....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have this too.. but I doubt mine is the tailgate as I am line-x'd and have a ARE LSII Tonneau.. It'll be hard to hear the noise with both of these in place.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I can hear it more with the tonneau cover on as it caused the squeak to echo/resonate..sigh.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have this too.. but I doubt mine is the tailgate as I am line-x'd and have a ARE LSII Tonneau.. It'll be hard to hear the noise with both of these in place.
Agreed, it's not the tailgate. I have mine line-x'd as well. It's coming from underneath the bed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts