Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my 3rd 4runner. My 02 was the best. I now have an 04. Its generally a great vehicle. However, in the last year, the rear seats (or something in the rear of vehicle) squeak like crazy when I turn and go over bumps. I think it gets worse every day. I've tried to locate the exact source, but have been unsuccessful.

When I fold the rear seat down, the squeak goes away. I can't otherwise seem to get a handle on this problem. It is getting so bad, that I'm going to get rid of the truck if I can't fix it. I know some other threads have been posted about squeaky front seats. Has anyone else experienced my problem?

I will say that all of my 4 runners have done this after about 1 year from the date of purchase, but this one is ridiculous.

Last - I looked at the new 4runners recently. I was really depressed that they have not changed the interior of the vehicle. I go crazy trying to manouver around all the little compartments that seem to have no purpose because you can't fit anyhting in them. And the litte compartment at the front of hte armrest, you can't even get your fingers in there to retrieve whatevere got there in the first place. When are they going to remodel the interior - does anyone know?

I love the look and the ride - but they are gonna loose me as a customer pretty soon.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about. My friend has a 05 Sport Edition 4-Runner and it squeaks when I'm sitting in the back or something is on the seat or something along those lines. It sounds so annoying I know the feeling. However, it sounds like the noises are coming from the suspension or something not related to the seat cushioning. Not too sure however.:confused:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Only thing I can think of at the moment is the lock on the right rear seat. There's a TSB on it. I'm not hearing noise from mine (The TSB does mention noise though) but I'm having a problem with it getting jammed. I plan on having that taken care of at my next oil change. The TSB says to adjust the striker. So... fold down the rear passenger seat and if the noise stops that's most likely your culprit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts