Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 tundra the windows are squeaking when rolling up or down (but not all the time). I figure some grease/lub is needed. Can I just squirt some. Down the side or do I need to take the door panel off? Anyone did this before?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My 07 tundra the windows are squeaking when rolling up or down (but not all the time). I figure some grease/lub is needed. Can I just squirt some. Down the side or do I need to take the door panel off? Anyone did this before?
Do you have tint on the inside of the window by chance ? usually that extra thickness causing it ro ub against the rubber seal more than before and you get your squeak...

What I have done before was wax both sides of the glass inside and out, this helps things slide much better and smoother. If not shot some silcone or lube down onto the tracks if you can see them when the glass is pull all the way down.

Just my idea for you....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WT.

Yeah I have tint but it was installed by the dealer (or Toyota) when I bought the truck.
Will applying wax to the window make it "hazy" ?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Thanks WT.

Yeah I have tint but it was installed by the dealer (or Toyota) when I bought the truck.
Will applying wax to the window make it "hazy" ?
Nope just use some carnuba (not sure the spelling) put it on let it dry buff off with microfiber or what ever you have. I prefer microfiber so as nto to chance scratching the tint but thats stuff pretty tough now a days. Just wax the whole window on the inside and out and see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts