Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw in the bed of my truck today the SR5 badge from the passenger side. I don't know if it fell off and someone put it in the bed, or if someone pulled it off or what. What should I use to stick it back on?

Thanks
Grant

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
I saw in the bed of my truck today the SR5 badge from the passenger side. I don't know if it fell off and someone put it in the bed, or if someone pulled it off or what. What should I use to stick it back on?

Thanks
Grant
I wouldn't put it back on at all. I'd go ahead and debadge the rest of the truck.

But if you insist on putting it back on, most auto parts stores sell Trim Tape. It is a double-sided foam tape designed for this purpose (better than that white 3M stuff you buy at Home Depot.)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't put it back on at all. I'd go ahead and debadge the rest of the truck.

But if you insist on putting it back on, most auto parts stores sell Trim Tape. It is a double-sided foam tape designed for this purpose (better than that white 3M stuff you buy at Home Depot.)
Thanks. I may have considered debadging, but I am thinking it is too late for that, and it would be noticible where the badges are removed.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
deeeeee-baaaaaaadge. :tu: :tu:

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Thanks. I may have considered debadging, but I am thinking it is too late for that, and it would be noticible where the badges are removed.
Not necessarily. I debadged mine at 65000 miles (5 year old truck), and with a little bit of patience and plenty of Elbow Grease, I was able to buff out any shadows of the old badges and stickers. You'd never notice that it ever had badges.

(Except for rmy wife, who wants to know why I took off all the "Toyota Thingies". She says "How's anyone going to know it's a Toyota if you took off all the Toyota Thingies?" Some things you just can't explain to a woman. :rolleyes: )

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
Not necessarily. I debadged mine at 65000 miles (5 year old truck), and with a little bit of patience and plenty of Elbow Grease, I was able to buff out any shadows of the old badges and stickers. You'd never notice that it ever had badges.

(Except for rmy wife, who wants to know why I took off all the "Toyota Thingies". She says "How's anyone going to know it's a Toyota if you took off all the Toyota Thingies?" Some things you just can't explain to a woman. :rolleyes: )
I got the same question from mine "now you drive a no name truck"she says.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
I got the same question from mine "now you drive a no name truck"she says.
"Badges? Wee don't neeed no steenking badges!" :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts