Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
airbags and such!

The side airbags come out of the front seats, not the doorsides. The curtain airbags come out of the top headliner/pillar area of the car. I think the colors across the board are pretty evenly balanced, with silver being the most popular just because it is. It is in many different models we sell, especially Highlander, Avalon, and Camrys.

Di

doudoudid said:
Dianne,

is it okay to add just the aftermarket leather (leather like) to the side door panels in the SR5 that has side and side curtain airbags? why the AM leather has conflicts with side curtain airbags? i thought the airbag is attended from the top of the windows? by the way, do you guys sell silver more than any other colors for sequoia for that SR5/limited two tone reason? i saw 2 silvers in almost every 3 sequoias.

thanks in advance,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Limited vs SR5

It seems to me that Toyota is always holding something back.... sort of dangling a hook in front of buyers to say, for a few more $ you reallllllyyyy can get that jaw-dropping vehicle you so desire.

It is called the TRD version !

Think about it, whether Limited or SR5, you get exactly same engine, torque, everything..... except the few differences in amenities - mirror, fog lamp, spoiler, etc... Most of these can be added on AM anyways....

But the TRD version is special. The 100bhp addition (to ca. 330 hp) is nothing to sneeze at. Add in the torque increase to 350+ Ibft, the upgraded wheels, the cat back exhaust, etc.. truly makes the TRD that much special. This will set you back a few Benjamins though, LOL !! The increased horses alone is close to $4 grand, and you haven't added the other extras....

For me, buying the Limited or SR5 is all about the cost difference. In Dec 2000 when I bought my SR5, I was in a bidding contest just to get it. Paid $37K out the door on a lightly loaded 2WD SR5 (including leather seat and door trims). The cost for the 2WD Limited then was close to $45K out the door here in So Cal. The price difference was key for ME. More importantly though, it was my wife's vehicle and she could care less how fancy it was loaded, all she demanded was leather seating, so we went for the cheaper model and had the dealer install leather by Classic Soft Trim, here in San Diego.

In the final analysis, trucks are trucks. Today they are expected to be everything to everybody, and that is asking too much. I am the buy-and-hold kinda person, so I bought the Seq and the Lex for the long haul. Resale is NOT a factor, just reliability and longevity. If I get these two things out of these vehicles, I will consider the investment quite worthwhile.

Folks, enjoy your vehicles. The fact that you can afford one speaks volumes. You are already priviledged :sleep:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: Limited vs SR5

oac said:
It seems to me that Toyota is always holding something back.... sort of dangling a hook in front of buyers to say, for a few more $ you reallllllyyyy can get that jaw-dropping vehicle you so desire.

It is called the TRD version !

But the TRD version is special. The 100bhp addition (to ca. 330 hp) is nothing to sneeze at. Add in the torque increase to 350+ Ibft, the upgraded wheels, the cat back exhaust, etc.. truly makes the TRD that much special. This will set you back a few Benjamins though, LOL !! The increased horses alone is close to $4 grand, and you haven't added the other extras....
:sleep:
I don't think that the TRD Sequoia has any Engine difference or increased horse power!!
Unless they installed the SuperCharger on them.
Can anyone let me know if this is so?

But I do agree that all the "extras" that the TRD has is very different than the LTD or SR5...
But keep in mind, that the TRD Seq. was not Toyota's choice it was an addition that SouthEast Toyota made.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts