·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 93 4X4 that is a deluxe. I want to ad the SR5 options, such as:

AC
Cruise
Power Windows and Locks

The AC is easy. My understanding is that all wiring is in place, just add the components and bring in for a freon fill (converting to r134 beforehand)

Power Windows and locks: can some one verfiy that door panels and motors/solenoids from the door is all I need? Plug and play after that?

The cruise is the thing I am unsure of. If I get the SR5 steering wheel, the throttle solenoid, is that plug and play, and handled through the std computer, or is there a seperate computer? Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
455 Posts
My 89 was deluxe, but I upgraded to SR5 interior, I already had AC, but back then you could buy the whole AC in a box over the counter @ Toyota dealer. I added three spoke steering wheel, SR5 door panels, doom/map lights, locking glovebox, gauge cluster w/tach, center mini consol, & leather shift knob. don't know about cruise, I think the only SR5 items I didn't have was headliner & sun visors.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The tach was already wired, I just had to change the oil psi sender on engine. had to add wire to map lights, when I bought used map light I also got the wire. I had to take key cylinder apart on locking glovebox to use with my key. the truck was prewired for factory clock, which was also added.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about the power windows and locks? Were the wires already in the doors? Sterring wheel cruise is also what I'm interested in and wonder if the wire harness is already there.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I only had manual windows, didn't have cruise, I had a V6, however, the 4 cylinders SR5's didn't have power windows, cruise & door locks standard, so all my peices came from a 4 cylinder model & some peices came from 4runners. I never could find the plug for the lights on chime, I bought the chime & it's still in tool box.

·
Registered
455 Posts
opps, to answer your question, I don't know if power windows, locks or cruise is prewired, I have my doubts, I never looked that far into it. When ordering my used parts I had to make sure my items came from a doner w/o power windows or cruise. Darrin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts