Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions that hopefully those of you who are more familiar with the new truck can answer for me.

I will be purchasing a new Tundra soon (DC, 5.7) but I am not sure which trim level to get. I am leaning towards an SR5 fully loaded with the power seats, NAV, nightvision rearview mirror, etc...

My concern is what will be different between the Limited and SR5 besides: leather seats and the limited side mirrrors? This is what I can't figure out...if these are the only two differences between a fully loaded SR5 then I will stick with that, but if I missed something, please point it out.

Two other questions/concerns:

In the DC model, why can you not have the rear underseat storage if you get NAV? Is there a small computer mounted under there or something?

If I want the TRD dual exhaust, I have to order this extra correct? How come its not in the accessory booklet?

Thanks for all the help ahead of time! I will also have to figure our whether or not I want one of the blue shades (blue streak or slate grey, or black) and I also need to choose between the off-road package or the Texas edition :confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have been waying this very question as to whether to go with the SR5 or limited. There are some other features you get in the Limited. Along with the leather the front bucket seats are heated. Also standard on the limited is the auto dimming rearview mirror where you will have to pay this to ad it on the SR5. The bucket seats are standard on the limited and I believe you pay $565.00 to get them in the SR5 crewmax. Door handles and mirrors are chrome on the limited and black on the SR5. The bottom of the front bumper is color keyed on the limited and is Chrome on the SR5. You get 18" alloy wheels standard on the limited and styled steel wheels standard on the SR5. The anti-theft alarm is standard on the limited but is an upcharge on the SR5. The limited truck includes the upper end JBL stereo with 6 disc changer and 12 speakers. In the SR5 you get 6 speakers and the regular non JBL stereo / CD player. Power heated mirrors are standard on the limited and they are a $30.00 upgrade on the SR5. The limited includes blue high end gauges while the SR5 includes gauges that are orange in color. The other problem I have found is alot of the SR5's do not have many options on them because they are target marketed at getting people in a Crewmax while spending as little as they can.

The question is is it worth the steep up charge to go from the SR5 package to the limited. If not, can you find a SR5 with even options on it to take care of what you are looking for.

With colors I have been looking for a Blue Streak Metallic in the Limited and they are not making that many. One dealer told me that dealers are a little afraid of that color and are sticking more with the traditional silvers, whites, and blacks.

Hope this gives you some of the info you were looking for. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the DC Limited with the TRD exhaust. You lose some under seat storage with the NAV/JBL audio package. Theres a JBL box that with the amp (i assume) in there. The dual exhaust is nice, I didn't know it was available until the one I went to see at the dealer had it pre-installed - it was an expensive option, but once I heard it I couldn't go without!
For added storage I have some rubermaid boxes that I velco-ed to to floor. When the rear seats are down you can't see them. It works for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you have pictures of the rubbermaid boxes?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Something else to consider if you get the TRD in the SR-5 it costs something like $1400, while in the Limited it costs $70.This narrows the price difference between the Limited and SR-5.
Also on the Limited, the tow mirrors are a $210 deduction, while you pay extra for them on the SR-5.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The options are much different in Canada.Here the only option for a limited is the C package which consists of the navigation system,backup camera,and sonar.Everything else including the 20" wheels comes standard on a limited.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have a double cab sr5 with the off-road package and im pretty satisfied with the equipment. i have black cloth interior, bucket seats. you can always get seat heaters added or whatever else, the limited package just costs wayyyy too much. my truck was stickered at like 32, the same one in limited trim gets up to 37 if i remember right.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a double cab sr5 with the off-road package and im pretty satisfied with the equipment. i have black cloth interior, bucket seats. you can always get seat heaters added or whatever else, the limited package just costs wayyyy too much. my truck was stickered at like 32, the same one in limited trim gets up to 37 if i remember right.
I too like the price of a DC SR5 loaded versus the Limited because the only differences I can see are the "limited" side mirrors, leather and chrome handles. Also, apparently the blue gagues are limited only.

Does your truck not have blue gagues? I didn't notice this when test driving...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have a loaded SR5 2006 DC now and will ONLY get a Limited 2007 DC now as there's things that I really wanted on this truck that I don't currently have. Heated seats, dual climate control & power folding mirros being some of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I say the limited personally for me, the interior and exterior on the SR5 just doesnt do it for me, i have looked and compared several times.

Things i like about the limited:

+ Front Colored Bumper
+ Chrome Rear Bumper
+ Chrome Door Handles
+ Leather wrapped steering wheel (i don't know why i just like it)
+ Red Rock Leather

One thing i dislike about all of the Tundras is the placement of "Tundra" on the doors.

And Hello, my first post :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a few questions that hopefully those of you who are more familiar with the new truck can answer for me.

I will be purchasing a new Tundra soon (DC, 5.7) but I am not sure which trim level to get. I am leaning towards an SR5 fully loaded with the power seats, NAV, nightvision rearview mirror, etc...

My concern is what will be different between the Limited and SR5 besides: leather seats and the limited side mirrrors? This is what I can't figure out...if these are the only two differences between a fully loaded SR5 then I will stick with that, but if I missed something, please point it out.

Two other questions/concerns:

In the DC model, why can you not have the rear underseat storage if you get NAV? Is there a small computer mounted under there or something?

If I want the TRD dual exhaust, I have to order this extra correct? How come its not in the accessory booklet?

Thanks for all the help ahead of time! I will also have to figure our whether or not I want one of the blue shades (blue streak or slate grey, or black) and I also need to choose between the off-road package or the Texas edition :confused:
If you are ordering it, I don't think it will matter because you can get exactly what you want on the truck. But, more importantly, you can keep anything you don't want off the truck. That's been my problem thus far when looking at trucks already on dealer lots. The SR5s seem to me just a little light on the options and I'd really like to have "more truck" than what you typically see in SR5s sitting on dealer lots. Likewise, I have found that it is almost impossible to get a Limited that doesn't have a bunch of port add-ons driving the price way higher than it should be. If you configure a Limited on the Toyota web site, a Limited comes in around $38K, but just try getting one like that at the dealer.

If you are NOT ordering it, good luck. What you'll find are a bunch of SR5 trims with a MSRP of around $34K and the Limiteds coming in around $41K.
Anyone looking for either a maxed out SR5 or a base Limited is out of luck.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
If you are getting a loaded SR5 you are probably better off getting a limited. I am looking at a SR5 with just a few options like bucket seats to save money. I can't see paying $38000 for a truck but 32000 is not that bad. Mechanically they are the same and I don't need twelve speakers, etc.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well the differentiation between the New Tundra Limited vs. SR5 is more than on the older Tundra's. But still, not worth the 6k imo.

The leather seats are the big difference. I like nice tunes, and can add a stereo that is 10x better than anything Toyota can throw in for a lot less. So upgraded audio doesn't do much for me. You can get new bulbs/gauges for any truck for $100. Auto dimming rear view mirror, is that really a necessity? And I'd never get the TRD option when I could get coilovers for the same price.

And can someone explain the chrome deal to me? Everyone hates the chrome front bumper(which I happen to like, it's a truck!). So you pay extra to get a Limited with the painted front bumper(with a massive chrome grill still), then they chrome the door handles! Shouldn't they PAINT the door handles on a Limited?!!
/Mike

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I don't need twelve speakers, etc.
Have you heard the system? It's incredible and yes, I want it. Badly. We drove the new Camry Hybrid and after listening to the 440 watt JBL system I was VERY upset with my 2006 Tundra's 'upgraded' JBL sound system. It's garbage which I knew after driving a Titan w/the kick *** Fosgate setup I knew I was getting a bunk sound system but the rest of the truck fit me better. No compromises this time around though. I want the bluetooth nav w/bumpin' system and heated leather and power folding mirrors. I'm doing it right this time around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts