Toyota Tundra Forums banner

SR5 or Limited

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Boone 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone;
OK, so we decided to finally make the jump to the SEQ, and first thought well, do with an SR5 4x2 would serve us well with the Traction Control feature. But then thought of the winter trips we make to Montana and decided on the 4x4 and started adding up the options, bigger tires, dual AC etc., and then thought about how much easier the leather would be to keep clean with the kids and think we now decided on the Limited 4x4. Any regrets out there for spending the extra 6 or 7K or so?
Thanks!

#2 ·
Hey kericks, welcome to TS.com. I purchased a 4x4 Limited 1.5 yrs ago and have no regrets what-so-ever. If I had to do it again, I'd still buy the Limited. There are some out there that have an SR5 and added the options to it which is pretty much a Limited so that's an option as well. It use to be that you couldn't get certain options with an SR5 that came standard on the Limited. I don't believe that is the case any longer. I don't use my 4WD very much but it's nice to have when I go up in the Mtns though. Hope this helps. Good Luck in your search and feel free to post any questions if you can't find what you are looking for. Boone

#5 ·
I got the SR5 fully loaded like the limited except for the spoiler, leather seats, monotone paint and the chrome inserts.

So far, I don't have any regrets. I guess it comes down to your preference and needs. I don't need the leather seats because of my small children that could abuse it. I prefer the two tone than the monotone and I don't care for the chrome inserts.

Anyways, good luck on your search.

Allan

#6 ·
Limited 4x4 for Me

I'm with Boone on this one Too! ...Damn Boone your right ...Again..:D

The choice is a personal one though, you gotta do whats right for you. For many people, the Sr5 is exactly the right fit for their wants and needs. Personally I'm pleased as punch with my '01 Limited 4x4 ...even if it does have "cheesy" gold letters.

I tend to follow the advice someone once said...

:cry:
"Cry once when you buy it ...love it the rest of the time...rather than.. cry every time you drive it cause it's not what you wanted".

Good luck and Welcome to the Club !

:D

#7 ·
My SEQ is similar to froknoy8's as far as options go. The other options that I do not have are: Auto-Dimming rear view mirror, load leveler, first aid kit & rear DVD system.

Having just come back from a trip to Mammoth Mountain and also going through Death Valley (some unpaved roads as well) I am very happy with the vehicle and have absolutely no regrets!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.