Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you get an SR5 with the leather interior: does it then come with heated seats? The options on Toyota.com dont say so, but I am hoping heated seats are available on something other than a Limited. The "First Drive" on Motorweek said heated seats were on their sample...but it showed a cloth interior...hmmmmm.

THANKS!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Does anyone know if you get an SR5 with the leather interior: does it then come with heated seats? The options on Toyota.com dont say so, but I am hoping heated seats are available on something other than a Limited. The "First Drive" on Motorweek said heated seats were on their sample...but it showed a cloth interior...hmmmmm.

THANKS!
no the only way to get leather and seat heats on an sr5 is aftermarket, some dealers can install them. Limited is the only build with leather and heated seats on the new tundra.

·
Registered
435 Posts

THANKS!
Yes, you can get an SR5 with leather but it is added instead of factory-installed, as it is in the Limited trims. My dealer told me it costs a little more for them to take it to their local vendor and have this done than paying for it as a factory option (Limited). So the big question is whether you are better off paying the price of the added leather, rather than getting a base Limited truck.

Here's the best answer to the question that I have found:

A Limited with no extra options has an MSRP of around $38K. A loaded SR5 with added leather is also going to be very close to that MSRP.

Here's the difference: It's very difficult to find a base Limited, without all the port add-ons and extra options. That is, you probably won't see a Limited for $38K. You could, however, find a loaded SR5 and add leather to it easier than finding a Limited without all the bells, whistles and nose pickers.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

THANKS!
A local dealer here in Orlando had an SR5 with port added leather and they were heated, but the controls for the heater were not on the dash like the Limited's. There was just a small little switch on the side down by the back rest and lumbar controls.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
338 Posts

THANKS!
If you could bypass Gulf State Toyota use could get them factory installed. Mine on my SR5 DC were port installed 1000.00 with liquid cell (your butt be gellin). Very comfortable. Not sure about heated, there difinaitly is no switch on the electric controls for the driver. I don't believe there heated (limited only?). Not a big concern in Central Texas. Maybe its actauted by the defrost button on the dash that I thought was for the tow mirrors which are heated. Great option, very glad I got it. Drove 10 hrs last Sunday, way comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is also a simple reason that heated seats are not put in cloth interiors.. they dont get cold
Huh? Is Toyota using some space age material that defies the Earth's meterogical events? The question had nothing to do with cloth seats, but thanks nontheless...

And I've seen plenty of discussion regarding "port installed" this and that....what "port" are Tundras ever visitng? They are made in the USA right? I cant imagine that any of them are getting delivered by boat...

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Huh? Is Toyota using some space age material that defies the Earth's meterogical events? The question had nothing to do with cloth seats, but thanks nontheless...

And I've seen plenty of discussion regarding "port installed" this and that....what "port" are Tundras ever visitng? They are made in the USA right? I cant imagine that any of them are getting delivered by boat...
Each region in the USA has what is called a "Port". The trucks go to the "Port" to have additional options installed before they are distributed throughout that "Port's" region.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We have installed "aftermarket" leather in our last 2 toyotas and they both are at least as nice as so called factory. The latest one was a 2007 rav4 limited.

I talked with them about my 2007 tundra dc and they quoted me about 1400 without the heated seats. The heated seats add about 500 bucks.

The way toyota packages their products does not always give you the flexibility to get what you really want. In the case of leather, aftermarket works fine.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Huh? Is Toyota using some space age material that defies the Earth's meterogical events?
Yeah. I'm sure that stainless steel seats wouldn't be any colder in the winter either :eek: . Actually, it probably has to do with insulation/conductivity of heat. Cloth seats have a lot of air space in them and that doesn't conduct heat away from your body nor does it impart heat to your body in the summer. I guess leather conducts heat better and feels colder in the winter and hotter in the summer depending on the temperature differential between the inside surface of the car and your body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts