Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have 2002 Tundra Access cab and the black trim on both front doors the black is coming off ( the base of the windows). Under the black is chrome. What is the fix for this, the black is a lot thicker than paint it is like a plastic coating. What are some of fixes for this? Thank you

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Its called a belt molding or belt weatherstrip and its somewhat of a common problem. And not exactly cheap for OEM.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought all 4 for my 06 CC. Plus the 2 rear/top as the exterior window seals on old are getting ratty. Finishing a full mechanical fix from front end to back bumper then learning some PDR/DR & painting/corrections and putting all on as I am finishing the Final Wax Buff!
They are relatively easy to R&R with care & patience.
But expensive like Cheapskate said. If the rubber seal strips aren't rotting that paint job fix sounds solid until they do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Order Content
Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
75710-0C010Belt Weather-Strip$100.291$100.29
75720-0C010Belt Weather-Strip$100.291$100.29
75730-0C022Belt Weather-Strip$82.391$82.39
75740-0C022Belt Weather-Strip$82.391$82.39
Subtotal:$365.36

·
Registered
99 Posts
Also, Mine had some deformedies on both the old frame molding. Also the rain drip moldings and rear end caps as well as right wheel well molding extension/protector and brand new rear bumper to give the girl a real nice 15 year anniversary full body treat.
She is worth it!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I cut the dilapidated and horrible looking remnants of the molding on the lower windows away with an X-Acto knife, the taped it off and sprayed it flat black, too. It made a world of difference and was cheap and easy. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts