Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows the OEM part number for the front stabilizer
bar link on a 2002 SR5 4X4 TRD package? Thanks.

John

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I had the same questions. Let me know if you find it. Some members have used the links made by Moog. I think they are for the Ford.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Some members have used the links made by Moog. I think they are for the Ford.
I recently replaced my links with the Moog ones; originals rotted between the rubber bushings and separated. OEM replacements run around $140 I believe (you can call the parts department at the dealership to confirm). You also need to buy the bushings and possibly the nuts separately ($20 extra). The Moog are $70 for the complete set and can be purchased at Advanced Auto, but require periodic greasing since they have a grease fitting. The Moog are easy to remove when they go bad, but the originals need a reciprocating saw to cut the bolt off, unless you have strong hands and a large vise grip to keep the bolt from spinning when you remove the nut on the lower control arm.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I called the dealership parts department and got a price of $110.00 plus
tax. The part number is 48820-34020. Keep in mind that I had to give him
my VIN number in addition to year and model, etc.

I looked it up online and found the same one for $75. I just Googled the numbers
and it came up. The name of the place was toyotapartszone.com.

I'll keep looking to see what else I can find. As for removing the old one, that was
a treat. Couldn't get a Sawzall in there at the right angle so I ended up going
to the compressor with a cutoff tool.

John

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I had to use a grinder on my old links. Are really to spend 75 buck a pop on those when you can go with Moog? at 60% less. Sounds like the OEMs fail often.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll look into it. I generally go with OEM for everything. Plus I don't think
8 years old and 103K miles before breaking is too bad. We'll see.

John

·
Registered
429 Posts
I assume your guy's links were rusted bad??? The stud has an insert for a 6mm (I think) allen. Hit with PB Blaster and use the allen, should come off. I take mine off every other weekend =)

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I assume your guy's links were rusted bad??? The stud has an insert for a 6mm (I think) allen. Hit with PB Blaster and use the allen, should come off. I take mine off every other weekend =)
Tried that...stripped the allen wrench socket in about 5 seconds, even after 2 days of spraying. The links are a pain in the @ss to get off.

John, you should double check that you get all the hardware with the link for $110 - bushings, nuts, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will check on that. The fact that a couple of us live in Massachusetts probably
hasn't helped our link removing experience with the road salt causing plenty
of rust and corrosion. I was able to loosen the nut on the link just enough to
be able to put a pair of vice grips cranked down on the ball side. PB Blaster
for a day or so and the nut still wouldn't come off, which is why the only
alternative I had was to cut it. Definitely not a fun job!

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts