Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you stack spacer kits from tuff country and say a 2.5 revtek? i have heard people saying that they have tuff country 4.5 and the 2.5 revtek for the 1st gen but they only make revtek in spacer lifts. so im guessing they install spacer on spacer.

2nd if that were the case could you have it welded together plus the bolts for extra strength.

3rd i dont do any wheeling really maybe once or twice every 3 months. i plan on only liftingmy truck for looks. my truck is too clean to get nicked and scratched up by doing true wheeling.

please let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm not trying to sound like an *** but ask yourself this question:

what is the difference between a 2.5in leveling kit and a 5in lift kit from TC?

·
Registered
587 Posts
If your gonna put all that work into it why don't you just get a 6" RCD kit and call it a day. But to answer your question yes you can stack them but you are just asking for trouble, broken CV joints and ball joints and a really rough ride too. Something like the 5100's and an AAL would be more what your looking for.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so get the 5100s for the front and then use the tc kit ?. would that work ?

and beezwax there is a huge difference just a larger spacer. but i was asking if i could stack them.

·
Registered
407 Posts
so get the 5100s for the front and then use the tc kit ?. would that work ?

and beezwax there is a huge difference just a larger spacer. but i was asking if i could stack them.

my question was not literal... 5in lifts or 6in lift from TC or RCD come with all the components you'll need to SAFELY lift your truck. they aren't just spacers bro.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so a there are a few main differences between the 5 inch tc and the 6 inch rcd. the 1 piece subframe with tc vs 2 piece on rcd, and TC spacer with added rear shocks vs rcd bilsteins monotube gas front and rear shocks/struts. skid plate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i figure since winter is only a month or so away. ill keep the lift project off until next summer. save up a few extra dollars and then just buy the rcd kit. still need to figure out what wheels i want with the correct back spacing and offset. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts