Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Gibson Extreme Duals Cat Back for my 2010 Tundra. Wondering if the Stainless is worth the extra $$? Is there a difference in sound? Performance?

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Well depends on where you live! If you live near the coast or where it snows alot and they put salt on the roads you should definitely get stainless. Otherwise aluminum should be just fine

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
There is no significant difference in sound or performance based only on metal type, but in general you get what you pay for with exhaust systems. 304 stainless is the marque of high end systems such as Borla or Corsa. You will find a superior fit and finish with these systems even if corrosion resistance is not important in your area. Also the engineering will be superior....pipe diameter is selected to give a performance boost without compromising low end torque with the "bigger is better" syndrome.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you wanna go cheaper buy 2 single mufflers and go have them installed and have them do SS mandrel bent piping. That might be your best guess. You might be able to save some money also. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info guys. I figured the SS would be the best bet, just curious if it would be worth the price difference for it...I guess I would rather have stainless and not need it; then need stainless and not have it..

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts