Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get some N-Fab's for my 07 Black CrewMax, but was not sure what to get the Stainless or Black. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the stainless on their Black Tundra. I have seen a lot of the black but no stainless. If you could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I'd like to see this as well... I think the N-fabs look the best, they're just expensive (I picked up my standard 3" bars off ebay for $140 cause I needed them).... anyhow, I haven't seen a Tundra CM with the stainless bars yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks those do look pretty sharp....I was almost hoping one didn't look good to make my decision easier. I guess I will just have to make a last minute choice when I go to order them.

Thanks again.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I don't have anything against the chrome ones but I think the black look a lot better

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Those look great. Where did you buy them?
Got them local in Houston, but you can get your best deal from Josh at SVCustoms. Look him up on the Tundra Talk forum. Not sure if they will allow me to post the link to another forum, but just Google Tundra Talk, then look up SVCustoms. You will see him on the parts and accessories link.

His deals are about the same as what I got and his shipping is pretty fast from what I hear. NFab is here in Houston, which is the only reason I didn't use Josh.

Good luck!!!

Jesse

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Got them local in Houston, but you can get your best deal from Josh at SVCustoms. Look him up on the Tundra Talk forum. Not sure if they will allow me to post the link to another forum, but just Google Tundra Talk, then look up SVCustoms. You will see him on the parts and accessories link.

His deals are about the same as what I got and his shipping is pretty fast from what I hear. NFab is here in Houston, which is the only reason I didn't use Josh.

Good luck!!!

Jesse
Thanks for the info Jesse, Points to you

EDIT: Looks like those prices aren't that great. Maybe I'm missing something. This is the cheapest I have found them.
http://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/Toyota-Nfab_Nerfstep.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got black about a year ago then noticed the powder coat was coming off and the mounting brackets were rusting. Called N-Fab and they told me they would fix them if I sent them back at my cost. $90 shipping. Instead I just threw in another $90 and had them line-xed. Now I hope they will last forever.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I got black about a year ago then noticed the powder coat was coming off and the mounting brackets were rusting. Called N-Fab and they told me they would fix them if I sent them back at my cost. $90 shipping. Instead I just threw in another $90 and had them line-xed. Now I hope they will last forever.
I'd like to see a picture of those with the line-x. A while back there were a lot of guys having rust issues and as I recall they were taken care of, without having to pay anything.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Luckily, Nfab is local (Houston) so if they start to crap out, I will drop them off and have them fix them. But I may also have mine line x'd anyway at the same time I get the bed done.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
If you get mild steel instead of the stainless, they will eventually rust. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the timing of rust. I've seen some rust within the first year while others take two or three years. LINE-X will slow it down on the surface, but won't prevent rust from inside the tube.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went with the stainless also - they look great!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a radiant red 2010 SR5 DC with no chrome anywhere except the bumpers. I thought about powdercoated black or aluminum being a better look, but after a fishing trip on a bunch of gravel roads, I'm glad I went stainless (and they look good too). I could hear rocks "pinging" off the tubes all the time, which makes me think that any sort of finished mild steel will rust soon enough. +1 for stainless for sure....

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Went stainless and had them line-x with black, alittle more money but no rust.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
FYI. 4Wheelonline has SS NFab on sale. $499 delivered. It took only a week for delivery to my front door. Yes, I have chrome bumpers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts