Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help, not getting any from the dealer (they do not have the answer)

I have a 2010 Crewmax. The bed rail covers have a decorative indent where the stake pocket should be. I have talked to owners of previous models and that area is actually a pry out cover. Mine are part of the main cover.

Are there stake pockets under the covers? If so, how are people going about accessing them? Need a solution for a bike rack and the stake pockets are the answer.

Thanks in advance.

BHall

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
SO you don't have the pry out covers? Weird.. Any pics?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
ive got some in mine...but dunno about the half a bed crewmax....mine is a DC with the regular bed.... seems weird there would be indents and not pry out covers. i'd go check mine right now but the tonneau cover is under 8+ inches of snow right now and i cant get to it haha.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

On my 2007 Tundra, the hole covers just popped (when in sun & warm) out very easily with a coin. Easy to take off and put back on in a second.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mass Tundra Guy, Do you cut the plastic cover to get to them? Here is a pic of my bed rail covers. The groove is just that, a groove. Definitely not a pry out cover.

Help?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
They must have changed the covers. The only thing to do is crawl under and look up or pop the whole plastic thing off. if it is there, cut out the plastic

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
wow. that makes no sense. guess its probally cheaper somehow to do it that way and let the 2% of the population who are going to use them cut them out....weird...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2010 DC and they are the pop out kind.
Can you check on another CM at the dealer and see if they are the same as yours. Possible screw up of some kind maybe?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Need a solution for a bike rack and the stake pockets are the answer.

Thanks in advance.

BHall
BHall,
Do you have the bed rail/track system installed your truck? I'm not really certain how to describe this but I think it's safe to say that if you don't know what I'm talking about then you probably don't have it.

Anyhow, if you have the bed rail tracks there is a much more simple solution to haul your bikes. You can buy a bike fork attachment to fit in the bed rail track (see link below). Or you can do like I did and make your own using the standard bike fork mounts that you can get at any bike shop.

Toyota Tundra Truck Accessories

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already have the rail kit and fork mounts. I have to roll up the cover to haul bikes, stuff and have room for others in the cab. I am looking for a solution other than purchasing a cap with rails. I have a way to do it if I have stake pockets. Its a difference of about 1800 dollars, stake pocket or cap.

Thanks for the help. I am going to talk to a different dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Have you tried to pop those covers out? I thought the same thing you did until I actually tried to remove the covers, they popped right out. I used a real small flat blade scewdriver.

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone figure this out? Mine on my 2013 Limited look just like BHall's and I do have the rail system but it's not much help when mounting a truck box... I tried to pop them out but I'm pretty sure its a single piece and I'm a bit leery to start cutting on it without knowing what's under there or if it will look bad when the truck box isn't in there.

-taylor

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was thinking to buy Putco Skins Bed Caps...they have stake hole in them...has anyone done it...is it easy to install those Putco Skins Bed Caps? thax

1 - 19 of 19 Posts