Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have recently begun experiencing intermitant starting problems where the starter motor runs, seemingly faster than usual, but the engine doesn't engage. this happens when engine is both hot and cold. the dealer replaced the starter motor last week (at significant cost), but the problem has re-occurred. anybody have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
we have recently begun experiencing intermitant starting problems where the starter motor runs, seemingly faster than usual, but the engine doesn't engage. this happens when engine is both hot and cold. the dealer replaced the starter motor last week (at significant cost), but the problem has re-occurred. anybody have any ideas?
How many miles on this Sequoia??

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Either way, If I had to guess without listening to it I would say you have a (HOT) choke problem. When I say (HOT) it has nothing to do with the temp. of the engine when starting when cold or restarting it after the engine has been warmed up. To much gas is being dumped into the cylinders and this WILL cause what you are describing. It will make the starter run alot faster. Please let us know how you make out. Johnnnnny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts