Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 tundra with trd supercharger, normally when it starts you have the flare up to like 1500rpm or so and it will slowly bring the rpms back down to normal idle. Mine only flares up to about 1000rpm and quickly comes back down to like 200rpm and them bounces up and down from 200 to 700 a couple of times and then steadies out at about 500 rpm where it usually stays. sometimes it idles at about 300rpms and other times it will flare up and then come right back down and die, and after a couple starts like this it will finally idle around 500rpm. it also hesitates on light acceleration seems ok on wot but not like it used to be. I put new plugs in it NGk heat range 7, a new air filter and tried cleaning the maf sensor. a little better but not much. no codes and at that I have no idea.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think there's a blown tundras club here.
You might want to check the club forum.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Take off the intake pipe where it meets the throttle body and use throttle body cleaner and wipe clean. See if that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Take off the intake pipe where it meets the throttle body and use throttle body cleaner and wipe clean. See if that helps.
No kidding. Try this. It works! I cleaned my TB on Sunday and it idles better and wants to "jump" off the line, now. Puts back some of that low end oomph. I'm going to do this every time I change air filters. Use those blue, lint free shop towels and TB cleaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts