Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feb 26 I bought a certified used 05 Tacoma from Hudson Toyota in Jersey City NJ.
I got a good price & interest rate. That's where the good ends.

The deal was signed at about 9:00 pm. They insisted that I take the truck that night. They wanted it off their property. They told me I could leave my car there & come back to get it when I was able to. I live in eastern PA.

2 days later I noticed that there was no jack,tool kit nor owner's manual.
I waited 2 weeks to get everything after making many phone calls. There was also items from the last owner in the truck.

The temp registration they gave me was to expire on Mar 18. From Mar 12 on I called them every couple days to remind them. Well I didn't get the registration till Mar 23. :mad: I later found out thet the paperwork sat on someone's desk for 3 weeks. :mad: :confused: :mad:

When I called....it seemed no body was ever at there desk & calls would not be returned by anyone other than the salesperson. :mad:

I called Toyota & they said this should not have happened. They are setting up a time when I can take the truck to another Toyota dealer & have the vehicle gone over end to end. This was in response to me questionong if the truck was just pencil wipped as far as cert used goes.

As far as customer service goes Hudson Toyota is the worst new car dealer I ever did business with. Avoid these people. Don't buy a new or certified used Toyota in Jersey City. :td:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Feb 26 I bought a certified used 05 Tacoma from Hudson Toyota in Jersey City NJ.
I got a good price & interest rate. That's where the good ends.

The deal was signed at about 9:00 pm. They insisted that I take the truck that night. They wanted it off their property. They told me I could leave my car there & come back to get it when I was able to. I live in eastern PA.

2 days later I noticed that there was no jack,tool kit nor owner's manual.
I waited 2 weeks to get everything after making many phone calls. There was also items from the last owner in the truck.

The temp registration they gave me was to expire on Mar 18. From Mar 12 on I called them every couple days to remind them. Well I didn't get the registration till Mar 23. :mad: I later found out thet the paperwork sat on someone's desk for 3 weeks. :mad: :confused: :mad:

When I called....it seemed no body was ever at there desk & calls would not be returned by anyone other than the salesperson. :mad:

I called Toyota & they said this should not have happened. They are setting up a time when I can take the truck to another Toyota dealer & have the vehicle gone over end to end. This was in response to me questionong if the truck was just pencil wipped as far as cert used goes.

As far as customer service goes Hudson Toyota is the worst new car dealer I ever did business with. Avoid these people. Don't buy a new or certified used Toyota in Jersey City. :td:
Part of the certification is that it has a jack, so I would have it checked out too if I was you at the dealers expense

1 - 2 of 2 Posts