Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Tundra DBL cab. Traded an 03 access cab in on it. The access cab had a 3"body and 3" suspension lift. It was nothing but problems from the cv boots to the master cyclinder going out at 45,000 miles after I had it lifted. I do not want to raise my 06 other than a body lift, because of the cv issues, would rather keep it stock if possible. I am currently running Weld Cheyenne 6, 16x8 inch wheels with the stock BFG's. What is the largest tire w/o a lift I can run vs. the largest with the 3 inch body lift, which i really will do as a last resort. Just want a more aggressive stance to the truck, w/o the hassels of a lift.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
im not a big fan of body lifts. However the cure for your cv problems will to spend alittle more $$ and get the Kartek 930 inner cv boots. Also stay with a 2" or 2.5" spacer or coilovers whichever you prefer instead of going for 3". the difference between 3" and 2.5" is very important.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Get a Diff drop. Or well....you should have for your 03. If you do plan on doing a suspension lift for the 06 you really need to get a diff drop.

At stock ride hight biggest tire I think is 265/75 R16. I think.....

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
At stock ride hight biggest tire I think is 265/75 R16. I think.....
Yes, your right.

Winger, I bought a set of wheels and tires from a member here, and was planing on lifting untill I ran the truck with no lift and the new tires. It looks great and I don't need/want to lift her. here is the pic. I can give you the sizes if you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Stock. Body lifts are dumb. It makes the truck uglier by having the frame hanging out the bottom and you can see throught hte fender wells. At least ugly to those whoi know wha tthye are looking at. PLUS in any kind of acciden the body moves all over the place. at the body shop I worked at if a vehicle came in with a body lift it went right back out the gate. If you are going to lift it do it right with suspension a diff drop and better cv boots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts