1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I got in on the group buy, Excellent!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Thanks for the info; just sent my order in.......

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Another Group Buy is on at this time! I just ordered mine. Thanks Tonyspin!

Here is the link for the Big Daddy Horn Setup, http://www.stebelengineeredsounds.com/big_daddy_horns.html. Tell them you want to order using the group buy..........

You can also just click on the link in the Original Post and then click on the link on that site for the group buy.

I will post pics and sound clips after install. I will hopefully get it in time along with lowering the BEAST for a May 8th local Truck Show........

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would be interested if this group buy is still going on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bought 2 sets last week on GB. Great Price and quick to arrive. Have not installed yet, but looks easy and hope it sounds better after. 1 is going on a '10 4runner and it could squeak like a mouse and be better than stock horn.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
These are great horns. I replace my stock ones with these.

EDIT: Got to honk at someone today, too. Dumb woman was doing her makeup instead of watching to see when she could turn. I might have scared her enough that she now has a streak of eyeliner across her forehead. :)

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Mine came in by USPS yesterday. Installing it on Saturday AM. I am considering buying a second one; however, I am thinking that it will only be so there is a horn on each side for when I am showing the truck off because I am doubting it will be louder since it will be the same sound and at the same decibels. Trying to figure out whether or not to get rid of my factory horns or leave them hooked up along with the Big Daddy. What do you think........

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I installed mine the other day and I must say it's much louder than stock. My original plan was to leave the stock horns in there and just add these. However, once I got to it, I just replaced them because I didn't have any material to make new brackets for them and they only came with the one. I may go back and hack up the one they sent to put the stock back in but the stock brackets worked well for the Stebels.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I installed mine the other day and I must say it's much louder than stock. My original plan was to leave the stock horns in there and just add these. However, once I got to it, I just replaced them because I didn't have any material to make new brackets for them and they only came with the one. I may go back and hack up the one they sent to put the stock back in but the stock brackets worked well for the Stebels.
Look at Tonyspin's post right above yours. He used the one mounting bracket that came with the horns. I helped onpointundra install his in the exact same fashion.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
If I go with two of them, the decibels go from about 5 times louder than stock to about 6 1/2; this is what Garret said. I can't wait to let them blast.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

When you go back at it, you can install the non-air horn using the same mounting hole at the OEM..... Here's one idea for you to consider..... Behind the Chrome TM-80's you'll see the OEMs....

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
BIG DADDY Stebel Combo installed! WOW! It sounds like a Cruise Ship! I am loving it! My friends, neighbors and family are amazed at how loud and cool it is! Thanks Garret (from Stebel) for taking care of me!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
There is a very slight delay with the Stebels. If you leave the stock horns, you can tap the horn and just get the stock horns. Hold it down and the Stebels will kick in. Probably only a 250ms delay, but give you the option of nudging vs. pummeling your intended target.

Tom

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I purchased 2 of these. One for me and 1 for my brother. He don't want to mess with it, so I am going to put both on my truck. Any of you wire nuts (no pun intended) no if I have to use a relay and fuse for each one or can I just wire both to 1 relay and 1 inline fuse?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I purchased 2 of these. One for me and 1 for my brother. He don't want to mess with it, so I am going to put both on my truck. Any of you wire nuts (no pun intended) no if I have to use a relay and fuse for each one or can I just wire both to 1 relay and 1 inline fuse?
I'd do separate fuses/relays.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts