Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just put a LowRange Offroad 3/1 lift on my truck and just got it aligned. Everything according to Firestone came to spec except for the Steering Axis Inclination (SAI). Anybody run into this problem? Spec per side is 12 to 13.5 degrees. My driver side comes is 11.6 but the passenger side is fine (12.4). So after searching for info on this (nothing here about SAI), Google says I may have some bent. So where would I start looking or replacing parts? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
What your referring to is related to the camber adjustment. Usually a fix for the SAI is a new upper control arm that is the corrected length, if your camber is within spec and the SAI isn't. Picture below for reference.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the upper control arm is bent possibly or something. Everything falls in spec except for the driver's side SAI and Cross SAI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem with my passenger side and noticed it when the outside of that tire began wearing heavily. I drove it to the dealership, and of course, they see no problem. I brought it to and independent shop and they show the SAI at 14.3 for that tire, but the other is in spec. Funny thing is they both use Hunters that had been recently calibrated and I know this because my friend is their rep... dealership can never find a problem until I prove it to them. He (Independent) also stated that something had to have been bent from a wreck. I bought the truck used with 11000 so I am not sure what happened. I believe the part cost close to 300, if it wears my new set of tires poorly I will probably fork up the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts