Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All - I'm getting ready to replace my 05 double cab 4x4 steering rack with a Toyota OEM rack. My problem is that there are two different part numbers for the rack.......one is 442500C030 and 442500C041. The part# ending in "30" is for a Tundra without rear stabilizer and the part # ending in "41" is for a Tundra WITH a rear stabilizer........now my question is: why in the hell would the steering rack have anything to do whether or not my my truck has a rear stabilizer (mine does not)? The cost difference between the two part numbers for a Toyota OEM rack is +/- $300. When I call a parts store and give them both Toyota part numbers to cross reference, the same replacement part comes up which leads me to believe that both Toyota part numbers will work. Is one rack built with stronger parts to compensate for "swaying". Any input or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I have an 04 dc and am trying to figure out what the difference is between the recommended 44250-0C030 and the 44250-0C041. Would like to use the 44250-0C041.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts