Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i recently bought a 05 dc and today i was driving on the highway and as soon i went over 55 the steering wheel started to vibrate a lot . so do you guys have had any problems like this what could this be?? i know there was a recall for balljoints but it was done on my truck at around 30k and i just went over 59k ..should i have this checked again what do you guys think???

·
Registered
240 Posts
This happened to my truck. I was driving down a powerline and didn't see a huge dip and the front part of my truck hit the ground really hard, I had the problem but then after a number of months the problem magically disappeared.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Respectfully recommend you have your tires rotated and balanced. That should solve the problem. Also, some tires are worse than others about developing flat-spots when your truck has been parked overnight, particularly in cooler weather. The flat-spots should smooth out within 4 miles or so.

If you try these remedies and still have the vibration problem, you may want to consider having a tire shop dismount your tires and check internally for breaks in the internal composition of each tire.

Also, you can overinflate your tires one at a time, then take the truck on a quick cruise on a really smooth stretch of road. Take the tires up to about 50 psi, one tire at a time, and ride around a bit. If one of the tires is outta round or its composition is breaking down, you'll be able to identify the problem tire this way.

Good luck.

:)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, check upper & lower ball joints, alignment, or tire's need to balanced.
or maybe just maybe your rim or rim's are bent.
good luck,
gorilla

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, awesome advise, POINT'S given!:tu:
gorilla

Respectfully recommend you have your tires rotated and balanced. That should solve the problem. Also, some tires are worse than others about developing flat-spots when your truck has been parked overnight, particularly in cooler weather. The flat-spots should smooth out within 4 miles or so.

If you try these remedies and still have the vibration problem, you may want to consider having a tire shop dismount your tires and check internally for breaks in the internal composition of each tire.

Also, you can overinflate your tires one at a time, then take the truck on a quick cruise on a really smooth stretch of road. Take the tires up to about 50 psi, one tire at a time, and ride around a bit. If one of the tires is outta round or its composition is breaking down, you'll be able to identify the problem tire this way.

Good luck.
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts