Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to decide what step tubes or running boards to add to my Crewmax. I have seen a lot of pics with the factory boards, has anyone installed these step tubes?

Sparks Toyota

The price seems okay but wondering if anyone here has purchased them.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I tried to have Sparks cross reference these to a Toyota P/N but there isn't one, the number shown is a Southeast Toyota (SET) P/N....they are somehow different than those from the factory. They look good in the photo but I'd like to hear from someone who's already put them on their truck too!

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
They came installed on my truck when I bought it. I've never been a fan of running boards/steps because they screw up the ilnes of the vehicle. Now that I have them, I use them all the time.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'm going to have a Limited and can't decide what to get, either. I'm not a fan of the stock tube steps (brushed aluminum/black steps) because they remind me too much of those gray Nissan Xterras with cheap bars all over the place.:td:

Ordinarily, I wouldn't consider running boards but the black stock ones look good on the CrewMaxes posted here.

Otherwise, I'd like all black brushed tube steps - probably Westins when they come out with the right brackets.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a Crewmax coming in a couple of weeks. I am going after market on the nerf bars for HALF the cost the dealer was going to charge:tu: and they look to be the exact same ones.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried to have Sparks cross reference these to a Toyota P/N but there isn't one, the number shown is a Southeast Toyota (SET) P/N....they are somehow different than those from the factory. They look good in the photo but I'd like to hear from someone who's already put them on their truck too!
The interesting note on the part number is that Sparks has an installation manual on their website that is a Toyota manual? Unless I come up with something different today I think I will go ahead and order them.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts