Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else with a stepside noticed the room between the bed wall and bedside behind the rear tire? I was looking today and there is plenty of room for a storage box in there(similar to what the new Tacoma has I believe). I am going to look around for some different options for this because I would love to have a waterproof box back there on each side. I am willing to cut the bed wall to do it, but I just need to find the right type of box.

So, I figured I would throw the idea out there and see if anyone has any ideas or has seen some sort of flush mount toolbox/container that may work. I will try to get some aproximate measurments of what kind of room I'm dealing with. I just need another project I guess:biggrin1:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
You thinking about one of those fold outs?

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You thinking about one of those fold outs?
No, Im thinking of one of the ones that actually goes into the bedside and doesnt take up any cargo space. I would love to have some dry storage back there and my atv barely fits as it is. i was just under it the other day and noticed that there is lots of room between the inner bed and bedside. I would have to cut a hole in the inner bedside to do it though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts