Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was attempting to install an aftermarket stereo on my 2007 Toyota Tundra - Limited with Nav, and I accidentally touched two wires that were getting power.

Then I eventually go to a point where I had to give up on the wiring because I didn't have time. Soo, I reinstalled the factory stereo, and BAM, no power to it. I have done research on why that could occur but have found nothing that can restore mine. After hooking everything back up in the dash, I still do not get power to the radio. Any help I can get would be amazing!

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
3 Posts
It sounds like you already did, but just to make sure, did you reconnect all of the wiring everywhere, including the harnesses that are for the passenger side airbags and such?

I thought I had ruined my aftermarket stereo because I could not for the life of me get it to turn on... Till I realized the circuit is not complete till all those wiring harnesses are reconnected. I hooked them back up and bam, it was all working.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello All,

I was attempting to install an aftermarket stereo on my 2007 Toyota Tundra - Limited with Nav, and I accidentally touched two wires that were getting power.

Then I eventually go to a point where I had to give up on the wiring because I didn't have time. Soo, I reinstalled the factory stereo, and BAM, no power to it. I have done research on why that could occur but have found nothing that can restore mine. After hooking everything back up in the dash, I still do not get power to the radio. Any help I can get would be amazing!

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Presuming you have a twelve volt test probe or ohmmeter since you say the fuses are all in continuity? would test your power leads as well as your ground. If you have power all the way to the radio harness plug that inserts on the back of the radio and a good ground, then it has to be something in the radio such as an anti-theft reset. Also remember there are two power leads, one that is always "hot" to power the memory functions and one that is switched "hot" that allows you to actually play the radio when the ignition is in the accessory or on positions. I drive a 2002 Sequoia, the wires are:
blue - yellow stripe= constant power
grey = accessory switched power
brown = ground

pink - blue stripe = power antenna relay and amplifier "on"
white - blue stripe = power antenna
solid yellow, black, white, red = speaker leads to amplifier sharing another brown as ground.
solid blue is to amplifier "mute" function
solid green is amplifier "beep"

perhaps someone with a Tundra Shop manual can double check to see if they are the same in the Tundra?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is there a fuse on the rear of the unit? I know that the new Boss unit I installed has one there. It also has a reset button, does the stock unit have this? If there is power to the unit (both wires) it should work.
If there is power and it still won't turn on go ahead and finish installing the new unit. We are told to disconnect power when doing an install, but who ever does that??? Chap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts