Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just bought a 02 Tundra and am trying to upgrade the stereo so I pulled the head unit out of my old truck am trying to install it in the Tundra but I cant figure out which wires are which. Does anyone have a free link to a wire harness diagram? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Re: tromstundra

Welcome to TS. forums you will find this forum very helpful, in the futrue try to name you thread what it is that your looking for. Anyway I think this maybe what your looking for.
2002 Toyota Tundra Car Stereo Wire Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Blue/Yellow
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Gray
Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Green
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Violet
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): White

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: tromstundra

Welcome to the forum. You will find it very useful with any questions or trouble you might come across with your Tundra. As for the wiring harness I would suggest you pick up a wiring kit from you local Best Buy or Circuit City instead of hacking you wiring harness. You might need to reinstall the orginal head unit in the future or you could be doing a favor for the next owner of the truck installing a head unit.

Bob

·
Registered
842 Posts
i bought (3) JL 10 inch subs, and im wondering if this would be the same wiring colors for a 2000 tundra??

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Hello I just bought a 02 Tundra and am trying to upgrade the stereo so I pulled the head unit out of my old truck am trying to install it in the Tundra but I cant figure out which wires are which. Does anyone have a free link to a wire harness diagram? Any help would be appreciated.
I also have an 02 Tundra and having problems getting power to my new Pioneer Head unit. Did it work out for you? I tested my 12v and no power, but the fuses are good. Any suggestions, anybody, Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking into a new head unit as well, and was told I needed the wiring harness:
Scosche TA02B / TA02
$1 to $8.99 on ebay, with different shipping options, and also heard they may have them at Walmart ($?-haven't checked-not a fan). This model was quoted for a 2001 tundy, but it looks like it is used on quite a few years/models of Toyotas.
Be aware that this harness should plug into the 2 harnesses going into the separate amplifier (down in the dash a little farther-look for the 'cooling fins'...) and not the one in the head unit. Also sounds like you may have to make an extension to get the two harnesses to reach--let us know how the hands on experience goes... haven't had the time to attack the dash myself, yet (but seem to have plenty staring at this forum!).
I'm not an 'audiophile' by any means-just looking for something to plug an mp3 player into... what unit are you thinking about?
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I just learned that the stereo circuit runs through the A/C panel controls. I made the mistake of disconnecting that panel, couldn't figure out why I was getting no power. Anyway, just disconnect the 2 harnesses from the factory amp and plug your new harness (ebay) into those.

·
Supporting Creeper
114 Posts
I just learned that the stereo circuit runs through the A/C panel controls. I made the mistake of disconnecting that panel, couldn't figure out why I was getting no power. Anyway, just disconnect the 2 harnesses from the factory amp and plug your new harness (ebay) into those.
Thanks for the help! I was frustrated as to why all the harnesses I found would not fit my truck. Didn't realize you had to take the amp out and use those wire. Radio is in and working!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts