Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new here and need some help.

I have a 2000 Tundra. I have only had it for a month. Today I noticed the fuel gauge was still on half full after driving all week, When I pulled into the gas station and turned it off the gauge stayed put. I filled it up. It took 13 gallons which is about half a tank. The gauge went to full. When I got home and turned it off the gauge stayed on full instead of going all the way down as usual. Can anyone tell me what is going on. As far as being a mechanic, My husband is the greatest BBQ'r around. :ts:

PS. I hope this is the right forum. I put this in the wrong forum apparently and was told to come here. I also keep getting a error code of po420.

·
Registered
606 Posts
It sounds like your gauge is working fine, at least similarly to how mine works.

We had a saying in naval aviation wrt gauges when they lose power: "AC lies; DC dies". I suspect that the fuel gauge in a Tundra is AC powered, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The tundra fuel gauge stays at measured amount when the truck is turned off unlike vehicles that go to 0 when turned off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tundra fuel gauge stays at measured amount when the truck is turned off unlike vehicles that go to 0 when turned off.
Thank You very much. I have an 87 Toyota truck plain jane. It goes down to empty when turned off. Then it takes an hour to go to half tank. It has 500,016 miles. and has only been in the shop once for front brakes. I keep thinking everything is built like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts