Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit,

Anyone had their sticky pedals fixed yet?

Just had mines done tonight. It actually feels smoother and better IMO.

Also comes with a complimentary oil change coupon - No complaints here... :tu:

- Joe

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got mine done today. I like it but since my truck is lowered and more bouncy, I cant keep the pedal in one place. I hope this fix is the real deal and nothing else happens.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Did you guys get a recall notice or just scheduled an appointment?

·
I'm just here for the food!
600 Posts
my gf got her 2010 corolla done this evening...kinda crazy how they are doing it 24/7 until all models are taken care of:eek:

I feel sorry for those who are scheduled at like 1am or so...

·
Registered
383 Posts
My Tundra was the first one to get fixed in Hawaii because we actually had the pedal stick once while driving so I had to leave it at the svc dept until the fix came out. Hate the pedal feel now...it's really sensitive and results in revving when going over bumps.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Tundra was the first one to get fixed in Hawaii because we actually had the pedal stick once while driving so I had to leave it at the svc dept until the fix came out. Hate the pedal feel now...it's really sensitive and results in revving when going over bumps.
x2..

More sensitive than I'd like it to be..

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Don't worry. Soon there will be a fix for the fix. A mod for the mod, if you will. People will complain on places like this that the fix isn't correct and sooner or later they'll have something better.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Called the svc dept and told them I need to have them fix the pedal becuase it's too sensitive. Taking the truck back in next wednesday and they said they want to trim the accelerator pedal due to another recall. I told them not to trim anthing, I just want a firmer pedal so it doesn't rev over every little bump. I do know there will be a real fix for the shim fix down the line. Toyota just can't manufacture enough corrected pedals fast enough to swap all recalled models.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It was a quick fix to solve the safety issue because Toyota said it would take them over a year to produce the millions of replacement pedals for each recalled veh.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
So did any opt for the full pedal replacement?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Supposed to be getting my Tundra back from Servco today. They have now replaced the pedal assembly. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So it is true that they will replace the whole assy. if we arent happy with the fix? What are they replacing it with?

·
Registered
75 Posts
We should make stickers that say "recall this" and some kind design on our trucks..haha that would be funny.

jhip: what you think of that idea?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Got my truck back from Servco yesterday and they replaced the pedal assembly. Accelerator pedal feels a lot better now and has more resistance so I'm not revving over every bump in the road.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Driven, what exactly did you tell them to fix?

I may just ask for this fix too. The pedal stay too damn sensitive. Not too mention that my dash stay sinking on da right side. I only took notice aftah I seen your pics. Doesn't bother me that much though so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Driven, what exactly did you tell them to fix?

I may just ask for this fix too. The pedal stay too damn sensitive. Not too mention that my dash stay sinking on da right side. I only took notice aftah I seen your pics. Doesn't bother me that much though so we'll see.
I think it they replaced the shim mod with a new pedal assembly.

I haven't done the recall yet and looks like I'll just ask for the pedal replacement only.

·
Registered
383 Posts
jhip - I just told them the pedal was way too sensitive after the shim fix and had almost no resistance. After reading the thread on this forum saying there is a pedal assembly replacement available if you're not happy with the shim fix I asked them to install the new pedal assembly.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Got any pictures of the replacement pedal?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts