Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks:

I've been playing around with this for a while. Since my truck is a Regular Cab it did not come with the MPG display in the accessory meter--that's where the clock and outside temp readings are. Trucks with a bench seat don't have it either to my knowledge. Also, my regular cab only had the single (setup) button on the combo meter.

I've since purchased a new combo meter which has 3 buttons--all but the sonar and just purchased a new accessory meter which has everything. I'm simply going for it!! Biting the bullet so to speak. If it works, great!! If not, oh well!! I tried.

I do have 8 wires coming out of the combo meter which is a good start because that's what the trucks that have the MPG display have. Where the 8 wires go from there is a mystery at this point. I don't even know if the plugs on the back of the accessory meters are compatible. So......

I take it in next Thursday for the accessory meter swap. I've listed part numbers below and have attached pictures. If anyone has useful/helpful info, let me know.

There are 4 different part numbers for the accessory meters:

823900 C030--This one must be the basic.
832900 C060--This is the one my truck had according to the parts department when I gave them my vin number. Outside temp, clock and security indicator.
832900 C090--This one must add sonar????
832900 C100--This is the one I ordered. It must add sonar and the cruise info.

I ordered from parts.com. List price was around $140 but got it for around 96 plus 14 for shipping. A lot cheaper than my dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
There have been threads on this, have you tried to find them. From what I remember they had a hard time trying to get it to work. not sure if they ever did?

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well folks, bad news for some of us. I had the new accessory meter installed today and the MPG display still does not work. Everything plugged up perfectly but nothing! At this point I am ready to just give up on it but that may change in a few weeks/months, not sure right now. I really wanted this to work but just can't figure out what Toyota left out of these trucks other than the combo meters and accessory meters--which have been changed. There's something else but not sure what???? At least we can put an end to this for now. I tried!!

Eddie

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
One would have to think the Computer runs these systems. Switching external components obviously doesn't cut it.

Thanks for working on it tho!

·
Registered
246 Posts
that sux! thanks for looking into it!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I didn't realize that any of them showed MPG in the clock panel....
Can't you just grab a Limited main cluster?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I didn't realize that any of them showed MPG in the clock panel....
Can't you just grab a Limited main cluster?

Yes the SR5's have it in the clock display. But I do wonder if the limited cluster was installed if it would work? I think they are both tied into the odometer somehow? And with the limited MPG thingy already in the cluster.........?

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes the SR5's have it in the clock display. But I do wonder if the limited cluster was installed if it would work? I think they are both tied into the odometer somehow? And with the limited MPG thingy already in the cluster.........?

I have the limited gauges installed on my SR5 or optitron gauges as some call them and it does not show the MPG display although it did add several things in the display--but I can not change any of them--I can only scroll through the list.

I found out last night, by another member on here, that I may be missing a wire between the combination meter and the accessory meter since the meter ECU is built into the combination meter and that's what calculates the MPG info.

It may be as simple as a wire or two just as it was with the power fold mirrors. All I needed to get the power fold mirrors working was a couple of wires from each mirror to the appropriate place behind the kick panel and "bam" power fold mirrors.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Please let it be a wire.... :D

I've been waiting to see if anyone would figure this out for quite some time.

-Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts