Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did a run with my truck just to see what kind of time I could put down. According to the magaizine the best times are with traction control off, but I left mine on. Have a look at the video:
YouTube - 07 Tundra 0-100mph

Anybody else have any for comparision?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yuppers! Pretty cool, eh? lol
I'm hoping next time when I do it I'll remember to turn off the traction control. That's good for another half second, right?:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pretty fast bud... Got to love those reg cab's... I did notice that with mine it came with Dunlop tires. 20" fellows, and are more a street racing thread. I don't seem to have the slipping as much with these, as others do with the off-road tires. I too don't need to turn the traction control off. It is just from the line that first second, and my tires hook up real fast. I looked at the seconds and you seem to be between 15 & 16 somewhere. I will try that out with mine, great for reference.

You should send that link to GM Insiders and tell them that the tundra will beat them anyway in the first 4 gears, so the can stop crying about the no GM 6 speed.... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
That's pretty dang quick. I love the sound of the 5.7, sounds Nascar like in the upper RPMs.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Well I did a run with my truck just to see what kind of time I could put down. According to the magaizine the best times are with traction control off, but I left mine on. Have a look at the video:
YouTube - 07 Tundra 0-100mph

Anybody else have any for comparision?
Nice, how were you holding the camera?

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
That was a great video! Wow that was wicked fast. under 6 seconds to 60 and around 15 seconds to 100. I am really thinking about combining my Muscle car wants and my pickup needs and buy a Tundra reg cab 4x2 and add the SC. I think that would put me in Dodge SRT10 Viper Truck range.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, how were you holding the camera?
Steering with left hand, holding camera with the right. Thank God these trucks aren't manuals or it'd be a mofo then

I'm try another run tomorrow with out the traction control. Got a feeling there will be a lot of tire spin and smoke behind me:devil:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have 759 miles on my CM 5.7....how much longer do i have to baby her??......It does not seem that fast when you are behind the wheel in these Tundras.....It's like Colt 45....don't let the smooth taste fool ya....
Don't baby it! You have to run it like you stole it to break in those rings! :devil:

·
Registered
440 Posts
good stuff, more please.

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Actually it looks to be 0-60 in about 6 seconds and 0-100 in about 15 :)eek: )

The 0-60 time was a bit slow because traction control was intervening halfway through 1st gear. That thing makes up ground fast though!! 60-100 in 9 seconds is amazing for a truck!

Note: He doesn't actually start accelerating until the 2 second mark into the clip. You can tell by the camera shake :D :tu:

·
Registered
699 Posts
dont mean to hijack the thread, nice video. but wouldn't it be quicker with the traction control on because you won't get the tire spin?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dont mean to hijack the thread, nice video. but wouldn't it be quicker with the traction control on because you won't get the tire spin?
That's what I would think but according to all the magazines the best times are achieved with the traction control off. Didn't have a chance to try it today because of all the rain where getting right now. Maybe tomorrow:confused:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think the traction control cuts power to achieve traction, and thats what effects the times. Its best to control your traction w/ your right foot. Figure out a good launch and itll shave some more time off that already good run.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Turn off the VSC/Trac and the Auto LSD on.

Trac throttles back the engine, Auto LSD does not.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So should I just press the button once or hold the button down for 3 seconds for my next run?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts