Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just cut off my stock muffler on my 2006 Toyota Tundra 4.7 v8 Double Cab SR5. I plan to reattach my tailpipe to the pipe after the resonator. But before I do so, I want to make sure what the diameter of the pipe is so I don't screw up and have to make multiple trips to the auto parts store. I did measure a diameter of 2 1/4 inches but I want an outside contribution of the measurement. Now once I get the measurement, I have about 40 inches of space I need to fill in to connect the two pipes. I can either grab a 30 inch glasspack and take two 18 extension pipes from auto zone, cut em down and clamp em all together. Or I can grab three extension pipes and adapters and clamp them all together and jerry rig the hell out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I measured just under 2.5" od on the y part where the two banks come together on my 2006. The 2.5" but band clamp fits just a hair looser than I'd like but the 2.25" slip band clamp wouldn't even fit. Sample size of 1 and your mileage may vary.

I made my own exhaust after that and dumped it just before the axle so I didn't measure the rest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts