Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm having a really difficult time finding a Y pipe replacement for my 2000 tundra SR5... i've found only one option and its a JBA product but it goes for like 230$ :( !

i imagine toyota wants even more than that i'm having a hard time with this if someone can refer me to a affordable alternative source for exhaust parts i'd appreciate it!!!!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
^^That's probably your cheapest option.^^ I have a similar one from Boost Bros, but they don't show one for 2000. I still have my stock y-pipe. I don't know if it would even fit your truck and I know shipping to the east coast would be pricey.

·
Registered
180 Posts
^^That's probably your cheapest option.^^ I have a similar one from Boost Bros, but they don't show one for 2000. I still have my stock y-pipe. I don't know if it would even fit your truck and I know shipping to the east coast would be pricey.
how do you like the headers from boost brothers? just as good as jba or better?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
how do you like the headers from boost brothers? just as good as jba or better?
I've never ran JBAs or even seen them up close, so I can't really compare. I can tell you I've had them on for almost a year and over 10,000 miles with no complaints. The best part is I picked them up on ebay, brand new with the y-pipe, for under $80 shipped. I figured for that price they were worth trying. If they had been junk, I wasn't out much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome! 100$ is totally affordable... let me ask you guys a question though..

this link at the top of the thread pictures just the y pipe, but I've found a walker y pipe with the resonator assembly as well.. for roughly the same price.. now... i've been thinking of loosing the resonator completely,.. is this a bad idea? i'll admit right now i don't truly know or understand the function of the resonator..

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I cant tell you exactly how it works but I did remove mine. I have a cat back exhaust. After a while I cut off the resonator because I read that a lot of guys said it was way better. Big mistake for me. Bad drone around 2000rpm. I really like the extra deep sound that came with it being gone, I am just not sure the price (drone) was worth it. That being said there are a lot of guys on here who did it and said it was way better sounding. If you do cut it off just hang on to it. If it is too loud, you can have it welded back on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cant tell you exactly how it works but I did remove mine. I have a cat back exhaust. After a while I cut off the resonator because I read that a lot of guys said it was way better. Big mistake for me. Bad drone around 2000rpm. I really like the extra deep sound that came with it being gone, I am just not sure the price (drone) was worth it. That being said there are a lot of guys on here who did it and said it was way better sounding. If you do cut it off just hang on to it. If it is too loud, you can have it welded back on.

that was helpful.. at this point i think i am going to just purchase the whole assembly and keep the resonator.. i've read people get quite a bit of noise out of these trucks without the resonator and i don't think i'm aiming for that increase in sound because i own my own business i don't need customers to be annoyed by the sound of my truck pullin up to their house at 6 am.. here's what i'm gettin...

http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/g...url=http://info.rockauto.com/Walker/50427.jpg

it's a mere $92

1 - 8 of 8 Posts